Peer Mentor ***Hutchinson, KS*** (Personal Services)
Under the clinical supervision of the Facility Director (or their designee), the Peer Mentors at the Mirror treatment programs are responsible for providing clients with support and assistance in order to further their recovery goals and objectives. Peer Mentors shall operate in accordance with the policies set forth by the Board of Directors and as implemented by his/her supervisors and they shall abide by all applicable laws and regulations. Peer Mentors shall adhere to the policies and procedures set forth in the KDADS peer support services policy statement. Peer Mentors must be a Kansas Certified Peer Mentor (KCPM) or Kansas Certified Person-Centered Case Manager (PCCM) or eligible to become one and have completed the KDADS approved (15 hour) peer mentor or person-centered case management training. The duties of this position include case management type services for the clients served, individual and group meetings related to peer mentoring services and monitoring of client's behavior while at community-based events or appointments.
1. Work with assigned Counselor to provide case management type services to the assigned population with the goal of helping the newly recovering client to transition into a recovery lifestyle.
2. Provide group presentations as required.
3. Provide educational presentations as required.
4. Provide transportation for clients to community-based providers. This might include appointments to court hearings, doctor's offices, parole/probation officers, etc...
5. Maintain a record of all peer mentoring activities and documentation of the wellness plan within TIER.
6. Maintain client and program confidentiality as required by federal laws.
7. Monitor referred clients as necessary when on Mirror property, at Mirror related activities in the community or while at scheduled appointments with community providers.
8. Be available for case staffing conferences when requested by your supervisor.
9. Assist Mirror's counseling and administrative staff with KDADS compliance and/or funding source audit conditions.
10. Perform other job-related functions as directed by your immediate supervisor.