Sales Representative - Remote in Ohio (Biotech)
Arcosa Lightweight is searching for a Sales Representative for the Midwest market in support of our Brooks, KY source plant. In this role you will support a positive safety culture by generating new sales as a professional technical salesperson. You will provide customer support for users of our product.
This position will direct all the sales activities in the designated geographic territory regardless of the source of the material supplied. They will have responsibility for quotations, sales volumes, delivery (as needed) and sales activity reports for their region. They will work closely with the regional marketing/technical team to develop leads, explore opportunities, and close deals.
Arcosa Lightweight is a part of the Arcosa Specialty Materials segment, a leading U.S. producer and distributor of lightweight and natural aggregates, including rotary kiln produced lightweight expanded shale and clay, crushed natural stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other construction materials.
What You'll Do:
• Comply with all industry safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations.
• Develop weekly sales call plan to ensure adequate territory coverage.
• Prioritize call schedules to focus on markets with the greatest sales increase.
• Regularly schedule in person visits to existing customers.
• Work leads from various sources to develop specific strategies to close deals.
• Monitor remote terminal inventories to match local sales activities.
• Work closely with your sales manager and regional marketing/technical manager.
• Provide a written monthly review of your activities, accomplishments, and new sales.
• Document calls, activities, leads, and opportunities in Salesforce or NetSuites.
• Accurately complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field and three years of experience in technical sales and/or marketing; or equivalent in education, training, and experience.
• General business knowledge and understanding of the industry products, trends, market drivers and specifications.
• Knowledge of construction process and phases of project delivery from conception to completion.
• Ability to conduct product knowledge presentations.
• Ability to analyze and compare technical data and specifications.
• Ability to present sensible approaches for the use of lightweight aggregate in the architectural and engineering community.
• Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills required.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Knowledge of market conditions and competition.