Systems Software Engineer (Engineering)
AMETEK Aerospace and Defense is looking for a Systems/Software Engineer for the PDS Business Unit. This position has direct interface with the customer and intimate knowledge of the aircraft system architecture and our product architecture. This engineer works with the program manager to handle the aspects of functionality, safety, and system compliance. This engineer will also work on-site to develop the product and perform hardware/software integration on a representative aircraft system in the Harleysville laboratory. Excellent communications skills, organizational skills and wide range of experience in DO-178C and electronic hardware is required as this position will work with the customer's FAA DERs and the technical program leads.
• Experience with high level aircraft architectural design as well as lower level aircraft detailed design of power distribution systems including redundancy requirement determination, reliability requirement determination and prediction, failure mode & effects analysis (FMEA), fault tree analysis, wire sizing & selection, selecting/specifying circuit protection and switching/contactors, power consumption & needs analysis, high level knowledge of power generation and transformation methods, experience with ARP4761 guidelines and ARP4754 certification considerations, D0-160 environmental testing
• Analyzes customer requirements. Prepares technical proposals and cost estimates for new products. Communicates with customers verbally and in writing. Visits customers to make technical presentations and participate in design reviews
• Determines power system architecture. Is responsible for high level architecture design of power distribution components.
• Experience down to the circuit and component level a plus including: precision low level analog circuits, EMI & lightning protection, microcontroller systems interface (A/D conversion, peripherals, bus interface).
• Detailed component level analog/digital circuit design. Some knowledge of C programming
The embedded software is used to:
• Measure voltage, current, temperature, speed, pressure, etc.
• Communicate measurement, status and other data to avionics systems
• Provide power control and circuit protection.
• Operate aircraft utility functions. (lighting, cabin ventilation, etc.)
The Windows applications are used to:
• Create and process configuration data to provide aircraft customization.
• Download and process maintenance data.
• Simulate other aircraft systems to support software and hardware testing.
The ideal candidate would have experience in both disciplines, but an individual with a strong background in either area will be considered.
• Formulate technical approaches and cost estimates for new software products.
• Establish requirements for software and design software.
• Implement and document software for embedded processors in high-level languages.
• Test and debug software while integrating the software with hardware.
• Support certification, validation, maintenance, and customer use of software.
• Comply with regulatory (DO-178B/C), industry and department standards.
• Maintain configuration control of software and documentation.
• Work with customers and regulatory agencies to support software development and certification.
• BS in Computer Engineering, BS in Computer Science or BS in Electrical Engineering
• 3+ years of Embedded Systems or Windows programming experience
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, including EXCEL and PowerPoint.
• Experience in C/C++ or C#.NET
• Knowledge of digital electronics
• Knowledge of requirement management and version control tools.
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas:
o Disciplined code writing,
o Excellent written and oral communication skills,
o Presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills,
o Well-developed problem-solving skills,
o Solid organizational skills and
o Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization.
o Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines.
Physical requirements must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .