Kloeckner Metals Corporation
EHS Manager (Biotech)
The EHS Manager is responsible for the implementation and execution of environmental, health and safety process control, validation and improvement activities. This position is responsible training of new employees as well as on-going training for warehouse employees in OSHA and other required safety training. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager with dotted line reporting to a Corporate Regional Safety Manager.
Summary of Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
• Support to Regional Safety Manager to assure procedures and policies are enforced.
• Promotes safe work performance by enforcing the Kloeckner Metals safety program, developing local safety campaigns, communications, and recognition programs.
• Manage company or local environmental initiatives in the facility. Reports on program status to regional management and corporate safety department.
• Investigate on-site incidents, close calls, violations and all accidents, recommending preventative measures.
• Provide continuous training for all employees regarding the company's policies and procedures relating to safety.
• Comply with Federal, State and Local safety regulations by studying existing and new legislation, interpreting standards, enforcing adherence to standards, and advising management on needed actions.
• Represents the Company during internal and external EHS audits.
• Communicate the environmental goals and objectives as established by the Executive Environmental Committee to the branch management.
• Responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures in the Risk Management Manual for Kloeckner Metals Corporation.
• Survey environmental, operational, and occupational conditions for hazards.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• At least 2 years experience in an industrial warehouse environment with safety management responsibilities
• Excellent computer skills
• Expertise in environmental, health and safety standards and regulations
Preferred Education and/or Experience
• 2-year college degree or equivalent
• 5-7 years of experience in steel service industry
• Safety or compliance management experience
Other Skills and Abilities
• Strong computer/technical skills, preferably with prior experience administering a learning management system and safety management system
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Attention to detail and deadline oriented
• Excellent organization and time management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Supervisor/Manager