Genesee and Wyoming Railroad
Recruiting/HR Specialist (Project Management)
The person in this position administratively assists assigned Field Recruiting and Field HR team members building collaborative and proactive partnerships in support of operating/functional client groups. Primary objective of the position is providing direct support to numerous talent acquisition activities while also providing HR administrative support in the areas of compliance/risk management, organizational learning & development, performance management, hiring and retention and compensation/benefits/HRIS.
· Develop positive relationships with candidates and employees.
· Provide clerical support to HR Manager/Recruiter for local career events/job fairs.
· Schedule in person interviews with candidates for the interview panel (Hiring Manager, HR Manager and General Manager)
· Schedule and follow up on pre-placement requirements; Conflict of Interest submissions, Form 40.25, background checks, physical and drug screens.
· Send all New Hire Documents to Safety (CCF, MVR, DT results, Hearing & Vision exam, 40.25)
· Send all New Hire Documents to Corporate (Offer Letter, Candidates Application, COI Form, Hearing & Vision exam, DT results, BG Check)
· Monitors Benefit Enrollment of new hires; ensure enrollment has been completed timely.
· Manages the service award program.
· Track and file New Hire Performance Reviews
· Basic knowledge of labor laws
· Assemble reports, compile data, and summarize records/reports manually or using basic computer programs.
· Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Proficient in HRIS systems and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
· Strong desire to learn about the railroad industry.
· Familiarity with hiring practices and stages / possesses knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the HR field.
· Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
· Resourcefulness and the ability to easily adjust to changes in management direction and priorities.
· Diplomacy, maturity, and the ability to keep select matters confidential.
· Ability to successfully interact with all levels of the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR CREDENTIALS:
· Two to Three years of prior administrative experience; preferred in human resources or staffing.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Associate degree preferred.
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Admin, Professional & Operations Support