Yanfeng US Automotive Interior Systems I LLC
Program Manager (Creative Design)
Main Responsibilities, Requirements, and Competencies
1. Leadership: Represent the Simultaneous Development Team (SDT) in a professional way to the customer and YFAI management. Motivate the team to meet commitments to the established timing. Build team technically and personally through mentoring and coaching. Resolve conflicts between team members, departments and the customer. Negotiate with internal and external groups, vendors and customer. Ability to identify root cause of a problem, develop corrective action and lead team to resolution.
2. Simultaneous Development Team (SDT) Management: Act as the central communication point for the SDT to ensure that each SDT member is aware of their deliverables, timing, and commitments at all times. Trains and coaches the SDT in YFAI Product Launch process to ensure compliance. Manages the SDT to meet timing, cost, manufacturing, quality and cost targets. Establishes the SDT meeting cadence and monitors attendance to assure the correct team members are present at each meeting. Creates agenda, schedules meetings and keeps the meeting on task. Provides team information needed to perform tasks. Actively includes suppliers as a member of the team.
3. Scope Management: Communicate the impact of scope changes to the customer and SDT in a timely manner in terms of cost, timing, product, quality of execution and impact on the program. Manage the program scope and ensure all scope changes are captured in the appropriate documents. Utilize the scope change approval process for internal and customer scope changes. Differentiate scope changes from engineering changes. Manage the risk of scope changes and keep management informed of change and effect on the program. Ensure that financial performance is protected and enhanced by customer driven scope changes.
4. 0-0-0-100-90 Planning: Attain 0 recordable accidents, 0 rejected parts per million, 0 delivery misses, 100% of financial commitments at 90 days post launch. Anticipate risk caused by late tasks and changes by developing mitigation strategy. Establish a documented implementation plan and containment action for engineering changes at launch. Work with suppliers to ensure all necessary resources are in place for launch. Provide on-site plant support throughout pre-production builds. Follow up on MSO to ensure plant material functions are ready. Foster effective working relationship between Plant launch team and CBU team. Maintains and manages scope changes within one year of launch. Bundle late changes into pre-launch and post-launch buckets to keep risk manageable.
5. Financial Roadmap & Financial Reporting: Schedules Finance SDT meeting once a month, from Development Start through Post Launch. Meet the financial targets of the program and manages Financial Roadmap dates, action and cost. Solid financial base to understand how to utilize SDT to impact financial measures and the relationship between financial measures. Ensures the product(s) is designed to meet BOM cost targets by facilitating between engineering and finance to meet targets.
6. Timing: Ability to create work breakdown structure (WBS) with customer milestones/deliverables used as the foundation. Gate timing developed from timeline that meets YFAI and customer firewalls. Responsible for the timeline and related timing documents, i.e. prototype schedule, CAD schedule, part matrices, etc. are consistent. Program timeline is utilized in weekly SDT to clearly communicate deliverables and due dates. Responsible for Gate exit reviews being held on time, regardless of whether or not exit can be achieved. Create issue lists that are clear and concise with due dates and deliverables.
7. Product: Responsible for leading team to meet Craftsmanship objectives, action plan to address gaps. Audit customer samples for customer satisfaction. Manage CAD schedule, prototype build schedule, and testing schedule and ensure any gaps are addressed to meet timeline. Audit ED, DV, and PV testing results and manage timing and corrective action to support launch. Facilitates change management meeting. Meet applicable product requirements including specifications, functional expectations and regulatory requirements.
8. Customer Satisfaction: Fosters an effective personal working relationship with appropriate customer contacts. Maintain YFAI and personal credibility with customer. Recognized by customer as key contact for program implementation. Meets dates and commitments via customer open issues list which directs team for prompt responses. Communicate with data for scope changes with cost, quality and timing impact. Gain internal consensus on scope changes prior to communicating to customer. Archive and retain key customer correspondence and documents. Maintain regular contact with customer to communicate problems early. Does not avoid difficult issues or decisions. Understand customer's organization and procedures in detail.
9. Global Management Skills: Function in a different culture while matching their interpersonal style to the culture they are working in. Has awareness and respect for different culture. Demonstrate an interest in other cultures.
10. Performance Measures: YFAI Program Manager Performance Assessment.
11. Competency model: reference other applicable elements in program management competency model (skills assessment).
12. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Common Requirements for all Employees:
Bachelor's Level Degree
Area of Study: Engineering or Business; or equivalent experience
*Equivalent work experience may also be considered for certain positions.
5-9 Minimum Years of Experience in one or more of the following areas: Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance Previous Program Management experience in automotive, preferred.
3-5 Minimum Years of Experience within the automotive industry, including one (1) launch, Demonstrated knowledge of automotive design/launch process required
Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, including industrial manufacturing plants which might require climbing, lifting, or working in confined spaces.
Physical Ability Requirements
Stationary Position (Sitting or Standing): Constantly
Movement (Walking): Frequently
Carry Weight (Lifting up to XX lbs): Occasionally
Communication (Seeing/Talking/Hearing): Constantly
Use Hands/Fingers (Operate computer, printer, phone): Constantly
Language Required and Preferred
Required: English (Fluency with Reading, Writing, Speaking)
Preferred: Chinese, Spanish
Often exposed to distracting sounds and noisy conditions
Works closely with others, perhaps within a foot of another person
May frequent manufacturing plants and must follow all rules while visiting locations.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. The Company reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, absent undue hardship.