Fleet Science Center
Summer Camp Coordinator (Education)
General Statement: The Summer Camp Coordinator supports the Fleet Mission Statement and Visitor Experience Philosophy by providing customer service and support for educational programming. The Summer Camp Coordinator will do administrative tasks and assist in classrooms for the Level Up - Summer Camps in Southeast San Diego. Camps will run June 20July 21, 2022, with 25-40 hours per week for eight weeks plus training time (May 2023-July 2023). Requirements of this temporary position include tuberculosis (TB) clearance, background check/security clearance, and COVID-19 vaccination.
Summer Program Dates: Tuesday, June 21 - Friday, July 21, 2023
Training Dates: June 1-16, 2023
Reports to: Education Manager
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental and physical requirements of position:
1. Ensure program areas have adequate supplies and are in good safe operating condition.
2. Take daily attendance and conduct drop off and pick up for students.
3. Promote a safe, engaging learning environment for all audiences, and maintain creativity, high energy, and flexibility under pressure.
4. Assist in classroom as needed and handle emergencies.
5. Attend all required trainings on curriculum, protocols, and procedures, which will include a few weekend days.
6. Adhere to and enforce all health and safety standards, work policies, and safety practices including storing campers medical devices.
7. Handle Camp administrative duties, including phone inquiries, contacting participants, organizing files, maintaining, and distributing rosters and paperwork, and making copies.
8. Maintain accurate enrollment records for rosters, accounting, and attendance reports.
9. Maintain attendance reports and contact lists including collecting and logging program evaluations.
10. Act as primary contact for camp parents
11. Must have full availability, Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00pm.
12. Complete other duties as assigned.
Experience, education, or skills required of the incumbent in this position: