PIONEER METAL FINISHING, LLC
Chemical Line Operator (All Shifts) (Finance)
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for having the loads inspected prior to picking them up for identification, tooling, security, heights, and depth location.
• Coordinates all loads with Team Lead/Shift Supervisor to utilize all open tank time efficiently.
• Responsible for making sure there is a program prior to processing loads. If not, contact Team Lead/Supervisor immediately.
• Process special loads as assigned using precise specifications and proper communication between process techs, supervisors, leads, and other line operators.
• Ability to run multiple lines in facilities where that is applicable.
• Strives to produce consistency from load to load and shift to shift by means of communication and teamwork.
• Makes sure the product is processed to program and acceptable to your best judgment.
• Identifies and escalates issues with products in the raw state. Notify the supervisor of problems such as excessive oil, deep and blind holes, areas that may air pocket, corrosion, galvanic, etc. In addition, must be able to recommend process adjustments to meet end-product specifications.
• Participates in-tank maintenance activities.
• Rejects any loads that do not meet standard processing requirements.
• Monitors pH and solution levels in all tanks that require it. Monitor tanks and make adds as required by daily checklists and procedures. Advise lab if non-conforming tanks are found. Change tank filters when required.
• Displays good communication and the ability to interact effectively with others.
• Responds to alarms and follows applicable protocol. Monitor proper functioning of waste treatment system if applicable.
• Understands how to operate standard equipment such as rectifiers, pumps, and cranes. Understands set up calibrations and basic troubleshooting for equipment including data tracks and controllers.
• Responsible for documenting and maintaining accurate information on run sheets such as correct temperature, loads, voltages, etc.
• Provides proper shift handoff and strives to maintain consistency between shifts.
• Keeps all work areas and equipment clean, safe, and orderly.
• Responsible for cleaning the contact pads on the work bars and tanks to ensure full electrical contact through the loads.
• Responsible for immediately reporting any equipment problems via the designated procedure.
• Escalates any issues or ideas for tooling improvement via facility protocol.
• Sharp parts, sharp tooling, heavy carts, occasional hot and cold temperature and humidity levels, heat from ovens, moderate noise levels, limited hand and air tool use, compressed air (must use hearing protection).
• Must be able to lift 30-50 lbs. unassisted.
• Must be able to differentiate between color variance.
• Potential splash exposure near process lines.
• Various chemicals used in the process.
High school diploma required.
Strong math skills.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Successful completion of Line Operator Trainee role or equivalent experience