True Value Company
The Senior Accountant position takes the lead on key monthly accounting tasks and communicates with the accounting team to ensure these tasks are completed accurately and by the specified deadline. This includes journal entries and account analysis, moderately complex financial reports and analyses, and monthly/quarterly account reconciliations. Recommends methods and procedures to improve accounting processes and performs activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.
Responsibilities (May perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned).
1. Supports and participates in the monthly financial statement close process ensuring that respective financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely
2. Coordinate and review offshore staff work (different time zones but same office hours).
3. Participates in peer review of financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations.
4. Prepares and analyzes monthly/quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations
5. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information relating to various balance sheet and income statement accounts
6. Maintains financial reports, account combination configurations, and transaction feeds
7. Monitors ledger integrity for assigned accounts through queries and individual transaction review
8. Prepares supporting schedules for the annual external audit and various bank audits throughout the year
9. Assists with special accounting projects
Education & Experience
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
· 2-5 years of experience, preferably in accounting and/or Finance.
· Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Licenses & Certifications: CPA preferred.
· Balancing, Climbing, Crouching, Hearing, Kneeling, Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Repetitive Motion, Seeing, Sitting, Standing, Stooping, Talking, Typing, Visual Acuity, Walking
Work Environment: Generally, works in climate-controlled office environment. Hybrid work schedule (minimum 2 days in office)