SUMITOMO RUBBER NORTH AMERICA INC
Account Manager (Sales)
The Account Manager's role entails overseeing the daily sales operations of Falken Products within a designated geographic region or channel within SRNA. Their objective is to meet the sales budget for their assigned area of responsibility.
1. Department/ Team Management: Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orientation and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure and legal work
environment; developing personal growth opportunities. Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job
results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, procedures and productivity standards.
Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing and annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective
actions. Performance management, coaching, supervision, results Driven, managing department budget, foster teamwork, giving candid feedback.
2. Meet sales goals/objectives as forecasted with existing and prospective customers of all SRNA Brands or Associate Brands offered by various sales methods. Perform in-person sales visits to existing and perspective customers within stated geographical area or channel. Provide information to existing customers of changes to programs and/or new products offered by SRNA.
3. Support to existing customer base as needed/directed including, but not limited to, industry information, demographic information and growth initiatives associated with Falken brand products. Conduct Fleet Inspections for those TBR (Truck Bus Radial) Accounts set up with the Technical and Product Support Group. Develop and deliver sales presentations and programs in coordination with the Division Manager for prospective customers.
4. Create and maintain various reports for management (call reports, various sales related reports, expense reports, etc.). Perform market research within region and make recommendations to Management. Develop strategic sales plan for assigned geographical service area. Assist Credit Department with problem resolution for accounts.
5. Have full knowledge of dealers that are of direct stature in their cannel/designated marketing area. Know which of these dealers could be signed as direct SRNA customers as either a compliment or replacement to the current SRNA dealer base in order to hit desired market share goals.
6. Responsible for special projects to be handled in addition to core responsibilities as assigned by management.
Minimum of five to seven (5 7) years experience in a sales field (preferablyAutomotive or Tire Industry).A Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business Management or any otherrelated degree from an accredited college preferred, or an equivalent combination of education andexperience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Must have excellentcommunication skills (both written and verbal), and excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.Must be organized, deadline driven, detailed oriented, self motivated, and possess the ability to workindependently and motivate others. This position requires employee to travel 75% or more via planes
and automobiles.Must be able to stand, sit, move, stoop, crouch, and use fingers for extendedperiods of time, hearing and talking. May require walking primarily on a level surface, reaching aboveshoulder heights and below the waist, as well as lifting up to 100 pounds. Must be able to engage in avariety of strenuous outdoor events and locations including off-road desert/mountainous locations outdoor motorsport venues, entertainment facilities, restaurants, sports environments and officeenvironment, and inclement weather based on customer location.The Physical Demands and Work Environment described herein represent the environment and physical demands that mustbe met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Duties, responsibilities andactivities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.