Sundt Construction, Inc.
Industrial Virtual Construction Engineer (Finance)
This position is the technical source of modeling information for various projects. The person that fills this role will need to have a thorough knowledge of construction documents, specification, and shop drawings.
Candidate will create 3D/4D/5D models of any given project.
1. Creates 3D models of Architectural, Structural and MEP systems.
2. Maintains model libraries using correct uniformat or masterformat codes.
3. Participates in activities to support the company's strategic planning efforts.
4. Performs all primary job responsibilities of Virtual Construction Technician.
5. Reviews bid scope documents for appropriate BIM language based on project delivery type and BIM deliverables.
6. Trains virtual construction technicians in use of company approved software.
7. Virtually walks through the model, identifying elements that are out of place.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. 3+ years blue print/specification reading.
2. 3+ years in Autocad/Revit/Navisworks/CPM scheduling software.
3. 4 year degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture.
4. 4+ years' construction experience.
5. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
2. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
3. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
4. Will interact with people and technology frequently during a shift/work day
5. Will lift, push or pull objects pounds on an occasional basis
6. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
7. Will use telephone, computer system, email, and other electronic devices on a frequent basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
Note: Jobs with the Safety-Sensitive designation are those that include tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others such as
operating a vehicle, operating equipment, operating machinery or power tools, repairing/maintaining the operation of any vehicle/equipment, the handling/disposal/transport of hazardous materials, or the handling/treatment/disposal of potentially flammable/combustible materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt is committed to the equal treatment of all employees, and/or applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, genetic information; or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, state, or local laws.