RD - Onsite Health Educator - Evernorth - Cheswick PA (Finance)
Evernorth is built on the recognition that health makes progress possible. Our health services are designed to redefine healthcare as we know it. But we can't do it alone.
True change takes all of us, united in a shared vision. Health is what drives us. But it's just the start. Together, we can solve the problems others don't, won't or can't.
Sound like you? Great! Here's more on how you'll make a difference :
• Provide onsite face-to-face customer coaching and support
• Identify customer health education needs through targeted health assessment activities.
• Collaborate with customers to establish health improvement plans, set personalized evidence-based goals, and support customers in achieving those goals.
• Empower customers to become an active participant in their own health outcomes.
• Assist Customer in overcoming barriers to better health
• Lead and support a variety of Health and wellness promotional activities, such as group coaching, wellness challenges and Health related seminars.
• May perform biometric screenings, including finger sticks, blood pressure, body composition, etc.
• Utilize biometric values and motivational interviewing techniques to collaborate with customer to drive to improve clinical outcomes.
• Provide support for health-related site events, which include open enrollment, wellness committee facilitation, flu shot events, health fairs, etc.
This position is with Evernorth, a new business within the Cigna Corporation.
What we expect from you :
• Strong Clinical skills with at least 3 or more years of experience health coaching, health education and health promotion
• Bachelor's degree in a health-related field. Master's degree preferred.
• Current ACLS/BLS/CPR/AED Certification
• High energy level, with dynamic presentation skills is required.
• Positive role model in demonstrating healthy behaviors
• Passion for health improvement
• Ability to work independently
• Customer-centric focus
• Ability to proactively collaborate professionally with the client and other matrix partners.
• Understand and own a variety of clinical targets and outcome measurements. Develop action plans that drive clinical value for the customers and clients.
• Proven administrative abilities, with strong computer and software application skills.
Bonus points for :
• Registered Dietitian
• CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist)
• Motivational interviewing training/experience.
• Smoking cessation and diabetes experience.
This role will be based 2 days a week in the office in Cheswick PA and 3 days work from home.
This role is WAH/Flex, which allows most work to be performed at home. WAH/Flex employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they choose to come onsite or if required to periodically come on site.
Cigna is committed to a healthy work force. New hires must complete a background check, drug and nicotine screen to be employed in this role.
Evernorth, Cigna Corporation's health services segment, exists to elevate health for all. We're building on our legacy and redefining health care as we know it. Unbiased in how we think, we create without limitation. We partner without constraints, deliver value differently and act in the interest of humanity. Solving across silos, closing gaps in care, and empowering clients, customers, and people everywhere to move onward and upward. When you work with us, you'll be empowered to solve the problems others don't, won't or can't. Join us. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.