Valassis Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Pressroom Supervisor (Marketing)
Work Schedule: Rotating, Days & Nights, 12-hour shifts
$65,500 - $85,000 Annually
Position is eligible for an annual bonus incentive program
The ultimate compensation offered for the position will depend upon several factors such as skill level, cost of living, experience, and responsibilities.
Supervises and coordinates activities of associates engaged in operating web offset presses to manufacture printed materials. Directly supervises up to 20 associates in the Pressroom. At night and on weekends has responsibility for all departments, safety and building security.
• People/Leadership: Prepares and completes payroll and work schedules. Informs press crews of any special or unusual job information. Provides feedback on raw materials as needed. Works with press crews to establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules. Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems. Enforces all company safety policies and monitors work habits of subordinates to minimize the frequency/severity of accidents. May complete accident reports and suggests safety improvements. Consistently and fairly administers company policies to manage employee relation issues, ensure retention and positive employee relations. Manages payroll and attendance for department and provides compensation input to leadership on direct reports. Promotes, educates, and participates in diversity programs at locations, builds a diverse workforce, and supports compliance initiatives. Responsible for the entire facility and all departments, weekends, and nights, and will provide feedback to plant leadership around all department issues or requests. Performs all other duties assigned by senior leadership. 40%
• Communication: Maintains daily report log outlining production, quality, major downtime, and any unusual problems encountered during the shift and communicates conditions to incoming supervisor and other departments, as necessary. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the department. Approves samples, monitors print quality throughout shift, and completes Quality Deviation and Insert Feedback Reports, as necessary. 20%
• Organization: Schedules repairs and establishes priorities for equipment maintenance. Monitors preventative maintenance programs. Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product and minimize waste. Monitors housekeeping and initiates projects to improve the appearance of the pressroom. 20%
• Training: Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment that fail to meet standards. Prepares and presents formal training for pressroom. Addresses training needs of individuals on shift. Develops personnel through the Performance Management process and recognition tools. Other duties as assigned. 20%
• High School Diploma or GED (Required)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
• 3 - 5 years' experience in print science (i.e., ink/water balance and registration). (Required)
• Experience with web offset presses a plus.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment to solve problems.
• Ability to seek cooperation, persuade and influence associates and peers.
• Ability to lead effectively, including establishing and maintaining high performing work groups.
• Solution oriented and analytical approach towards production/staffing forecasting, data analysis, goal setting, cost containment and interpretation of reporting results.
• Strong mechanical and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance programs and safety practices.
• Computer proficiency.
• Ability to work a 12-hour rotating shift and occasional holidays.
• Microsoft Office
• Utilization of payroll and other production support database and data analytics systems.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS
Informs Sr. Pressroom Manager and press team of pertinent information and communicates to other departments, as necessary.
Communicates with external vendors as needed.
Effectively communicates with team and at all levels within the organization.
Makes decisions around staffing, materials and when to shut printing presses down for adjustments, makereadies, etc. Responsible for pulling customer quality samples.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb (steps or ladders up to 25 ft.) or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus,
• Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to chemicals that require special handling and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.At Vericast, we don't just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community.As an Equal Opportunity employer, Vericast considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com or 616-541-3145.