Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, Inc.
Maintenance Mechanic - Second Shift - Hauppauge, NY (Education)
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope located in Hauppauge, NY is seeking a safety-conscious, energetic, self-motivated, individual to be a part of the maintenance team as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge to be successful!
The priority of our maintenance team is to ensure the plant is performing at the highest possible standard. The primary duties are to maintain and repair plant production equipment and facilities.
If you are looking for a career opportunity with a company that will value your talent and effort, please apply now. We'd love to talk to you about all we have to offer!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform a variety of plant diagnostic, maintenance, repair, and installation operations
• Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
• Thoroughly perform routine and preventative maintenance procedures assigned
• Work closely with production team to solve manufacturing problems; coordinate with supervisors and departments to ensure optimal use of resources and time
• Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a maintenance capacity
• Experience operating grinders; drill press; saws; lathes; milling machines; misc. machines; alter and repair fixtures and tools; sharpening tools.
• Knowledge and comprehension of English including reading, writing, and speaking
• Ability to diagnose and repair electric, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
• Muscular and cardiovascular endurance are required, along with upper and lower body manipulation functions to perform functions required to maintain machinery such as bending, twisting, and reaching motions
• Tight gripping, cupping, clamping hand and wrist motions are required to support, carry, and maneuver up to 75 lbs. of objects to platform heights of 3 feet in a manner considered safe for self and others
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
What OBE Offers You
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.