Test Engineer (Marketing)
Manage, develop, and execute vehicle and laboratory level tests. Coordinate with cross functional teams including mechanical, controls and systems engineering to evaluate and validate product design.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute lab projects according to the DVP&R on heavy vehicle components to meet specific program objectives. Develop test plans for E-powertrains along with product engineering development team.
• Operate dynamometers, HV battery emulators, structural test lab and other high-powered lab equipment. Develop test scripts for test automation and data collection.
• Coordinate and support vehicle and lab data acquisition related to axle, brake and suspension programs.
• Communicate effectively with appropriate support functions, such as Product Engineering, Program Management, Test Program Coordinator's and Technicians.
• Provide technical leadership and guidance in testing equipment, instrumentation and updating/creating of test procedure in relation to high voltage systems, axle systems, suspension components and their interactions.
• Lead the development of innovative test criteria based on experimental and analytical analysis such as Design of Experiment (DOE) and fatigue analysis.
• Investigate and resolve test issues (Test system troubleshooting, integration, control software, test parts, support hardware, staging, logistics etc.).
• Design and/or specify various transducers for purpose of obtaining loads from structural components. Provide specifications for test and fixture design and update laboratory work instructions.
• Verify the validity of test criteria (loads, torques, power, efficiency, high voltage safety, etc.) and resolve conflicting issues prior to start of testing.
• Provide support, analysis and reduction of test data utilizing sophisticated tools and computer programs (Examples: Axle Dynamometer programs, Weibull, Glyphworks, Vector, NI, LMS, etc.). Ensure the quality of measured data and that the test objective was met. Provide written and verbal reporting of test results, updates and closes test projects via PDM system.
• Perform correlation of field test data to the lab environment.
• Direct activities to evaluate new and/or competitive products and improve existing designs. Research emerging technologies and implement improvements as appropriate.
• Bachelor's Degree Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical)
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in testing, electronic system development and data acquisition
• Experience using CAN tools such as Vector CANalyzer for control software development and data analysis.
• Proficient with disciplined approach to problem solving methods (8D).
• Basic programming logic. Experience with C and C++.
• Experience with Power HIL, dynamometer and structural test systems. Intermediate level with computer-based data acquisition and analysis tools. Familiarization with embedded controller software flashing and calibration methods.
• Experience with DC/AC inverters, electric propulsion systems, transmission systems and high voltage battery technology.
• Solid understanding and hands on experience with axle, brake and suspension test systems and methods. Familiarity and understanding of NVH methods and analysis a plus.
• Background using control system construction, tuning, modification.
• Able to manage and prioritize among several jobs simultaneously.
• High Voltage Safety Training to work on high voltage systems
• Basic understanding of functional safety principles.
• Team player with the ability to network globally. Ability to provide guidance and the willingness to share knowledge and information with others.