Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Material Handler 3 (Finance)
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere-we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture-our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Material Handler 3 is an advanced position requiring significant experience in warehousing operations, exceptional technical skills (equipment operation, counting, space utilization, handling efficiency), in-depth knowledge of ISI's inventory management systems and software (Agile, SAP, WMS), strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The Material Handler 3 is responsible for material-handling duties in support of Logistics operation, Production operations, both Sustaining and NPI, and other internal customers. To be eligible, a Material Handler must be in good standing (attendance, quality, behavior) and certified to and excel in a minimum of 3 key tasks from the following: receiving (tote and bulk); parts put-away (tote and bulk); material transfers (MT); stock transfer orders (STO); systems packing (all carts). Finish goods kit assembly and global inventory replenishment to logistics warehouse.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
Following training and certification(s), this position has responsibility and authority for:
• Receiving materials, physically and systemically, to be used in production operations and engineering projects.
• Physically and systemically moving approved Production materials from manufacturing facility site into Logistics storage locations.
• Point-of-use parts replenishment for designated production lines.
• Fulfilling and transacting MT requests, received either electronically or via hard copy.
• Fulfilling and transacting Sales Orders.
• Fulfilling and transacting STOs
• Packing System carts and a small volume of FRUs and kits.
• Performing systemic transactions in both SAP and ISI's Warehouse Management System (WMS).
• Complying with materials management policies and processes, including First In/ First Out (FIFO) material rotation, 5-S, Safety, Quality, and Good Warehousing/Housekeeping processes.
• Participating in or leading the daily cycle counts and quarterly PI with 3PL distribution center
• Investigate inventory discrepancy and reconcile variance.
• Operating material handling equipment (fork lift, pallet jack, order-picking machine).
• Ensure maintenance of handling equipment is current, communicated, and accurately tracked
• Communicating via e-mail the status of material movements and transactions to appropriate internal customers.
• Strong attention to priority, detail, and organization
• Able to demonstrate leadership in behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills
• Component allocation to Finish Goods kit.
• Inventory replenishment to global logistics warehouse.
• Coordinate shipments with freight forwarder to assure timely delivery.
• Support country labeling activity for countries that require language specific label affixed to Finish Goods product.
• Coordinate disposition of non-conforming material.
Secondary Roles and Responsibilities:
• Implement projects, including leading project teams, as directed by Supervisor or Lead.
• Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives within the Logistics operation. Focusing on efficiency and quality, develop proposals for systems and process improvement. Gain consensus from Supervisor and drive the implementation of improvements.
• Become knowledgeable of all key tasks performed by Lead and fill the Lead position when the Lead is absent, including the assignment of department personnel throughout a shift and maintenance/issuance of required reports.
• Be proficient in the role of deputized trainer. At the direction of the Supervisor, train new personnel or cross-train existing personnel, including all required documentation, record keeping and reporting
Competency Requirements: (competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
• Minimum Possess high school degree or equivalent.
• Minimum 4-years of experience in Material Handling operations preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate with peers and internal customers, both verbally and written.
• Inventory control experience (cycle counting, physical inventories) preferred.
• Experience and/or certification in operating material-handling equipment preferred.
• Ability to lift material up to 50 lbs.
• Extensive walking and repetitive physical motion (squatting, bending, lifting, climbing ladders) is required.
• Experience with computer systems (MS Office, SAP, Agile, WMS) preferred.
• Certified to a minimum of 3 key material-handling tasks. Must consistently exceed efficiency standards and quality goals when performing them.
• Strong interpersonal skills, specifically leadership, coaching and training.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day