Fleet Science Center
Human Resources Manager (Finance)
The Human Resources Manager supports the Fleets Mission, Brand Pillars, Visitor Experience Philosophy, and Inclusion initiatives by providing support to the Fleet in all areas of human resources. The Human Resources Manager duties include ensuring the Fleet's inclusion initiatives are present in recruiting, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, and other HR and Volunteer led programs at the Fleet.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental requirements of position:
1. Maintain and update full-cycle employee paperwork and all personnel records using our Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and all personnel files. Includes processing of new hires, terminations, and personnel changes.
2. Perform full recruitment cycle including job descriptions, job postings, background checks utilizing our applicant tracking system and external vendors.
3. Maintain and update Employee Handbook and the Policy and Procedures Manual. Post and distribute changes or amendments to Fleet policies.
4. Supervises and works closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure a vibrant volunteer program that supports the volunteer initiatives at the Fleet.
5. In partnership with the COO and various subject matter experts, develop and facilitate various employee training and engagement programs.
6. Manages Fleet Center employee benefit programs including health, dental, vision, life, COBRA and 401(k) plans utilizing our HRIS and benefits administration systems. Serve as liaison with brokers to renew health insurance policies annually and coordinate open enrollment.
7. Ensures that the Fleet Center is in compliance with all Federal and State laws including FMLA, COBRA, FEHA, ACA, etc.
8. Ensures compliance with worker compensation processes and claims management.
9. Assists in the preparation of the annual department budget using Microsoft Excel.
10. Generates, maintains, and modifies existing reports; may create basic to moderately complex reports using HR systems.
11. Manages the organizations performance management system.
12. Advises and assists management with development and implementation employee disciplinary actions.
13. Responds to requests for employment and/or wage verifications, employee garnishments, and EDD claims per policy guidelines.
14. Assist with internal and external audits including 401(k), I-9, handbook/policies, workers compensation and personnel files.
15. Various other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE PERSON ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. PRINCIPAL DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THOSE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB. AN INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE ABOVE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. AN EMPLOYEE HOLDING THIS POSITION WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY OTHER JOB-RELATED DUTIES AS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT. ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH A DISABILITY.
Tools and equipment used to perform this position: computer, telephone, copy machine, fax, office supplies.