Appalachian Aggregates, Inc.
Equipment Operator - Mt. Hope, WV (Construction)
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC, a CRH Company, is located in southern West Virginia employing more than 100 employees during the construction months. As a stone producer with multiple locations located in the central and southeastern areas of West Virginia, Appalachian Aggregates, LLC supplies stone for ready-mix concrete, asphalt pavement, roadways, commercial buildings, as well as the private markets. Appalachian Aggregates, LLC prides itself on its ability to provide services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the CRH Americas family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH Americas. CRH Americas is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Job Description Summary
This is a highly skilled position involving the operation in an open pit mine operation. Applicants must have experience of operating equipment (ex: Motor Grader, Bulldozer, Excavator, Front End Loader).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary basis as needed.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background.
• Attendance required according to attendance policy to ensure crew ability to operate at a normal efficiency level.
• Physical ability to operate equipment under extreme temperatures and for extended hours of time.
• Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completions.
• Attitude/cooperation: always maintain courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work various times during day, night, or weekend hours at various locations.
• Ability to follow MSHA/OSHA safety guidelines as well as those set forth by the company policy.
• Ability to follow instructions of supervisor/facility manager on order to adhere to company policies and safety guidelines.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
What CRH Offers You
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.