Reser's Fine Foods
Engineer- Electrical Process (Architecture)
General Summary: Researches, develops, designs and integrates PLC controllers and drive systems for the purpose of supporting manufacturing operations.
Benefits and Culture
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to help employees live a healthier life, build rewarding careers and save for the future. Reser's offers choices whenever possible, because we recognize the diverse and ever changing needs of our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, AD&D, life, 401(k) with discretionary match, wellness programs, paid holidays and vacation time to name few!
We strive to be your Employer of Choice. As one of our five cornerstones, this means that we go all-out to create an environment where people choose a lasting career because Reser's care about their personal development & safety, and delivers a rewarding work experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Builds, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains programmable logic controller systems.
2. Makes program modifications as needed for efficient operation of plant machinery.
3. Designs and builds control cabinets for new or existing machinery within the plant.
4. Works in partnership with machine vendors, maintenance management, and operations to design and develop effective automated PLC control and drive systems to support the production requirement and goals.
5. Provides direction and train maintenance personnel in corrective maintenance and installation of electronic equipment.
6. Implements new control systems on existing systems migrating toward the Rockwell platform.
7. Creates self-diagnosis routines and alarms to simplify future troubleshooting efforts.
8. Establishes protocols and is responsible for system access, backups and data recovery.
9. Performs work on various systems including but not limited to: Rockwell Software including RSLogix 5000 & Factory Talk View, motion/servo control, regular Variable Frequency Drives, controls communication protocols including RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet, Ethernet IP, Devicenet, diagnosing and interpreting instrumentation signals including HART, 4-20ma, and 0-10v.
10. Partners with IT department to ensure line serves are maintained and updated as needed.
11. Maintains Lockout/Tagout, CPR, First Aid, Confined Space Entry and other safety related certifications.
12. Ensures strict adherence to OSHA, ISO TS 16949, ISO 14001 and other standards.
13. Works independently without direct supervision.
1. Associates degree in electrical engineering preferred or trade school graduate with the equivalent experience and PLC certification is required.
2. 3+ years' experience prior machine design and programmable logic controller system experience including demonstrated advanced process controls troubleshooting ability.
3. Experience with and ability to understand process controls, coordination of those controls, interlocking of those controls, automation controls, safety standards, and relay logic.
4. Basic networking knowledge on Ethernet networks.
5. 1+ years' experience of basic AutoCad skills, ability to interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, and P&ID drawings for process equipment.
6. 1+ years' experience of Rockwell Allen Bradley skills.
7. 1+ years' experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
8. Experience with implementing SCADA systems for data collection and custom reporting is preferred.
1. Use hand and power tools to work with the system.
2. Refrigerated food manufacturing plant.
3. The environment may be wet or dry and temperatures may range from 25°F to 110°F.
4. Occasional lifting, kneeling, and bending with items in excess of 100 lbs is required.
5. Production demands may require overtime and/or evening or weekend scheduling.
Recipe for Success
Reser's is the leading provider of fresh refrigerated deli salads, side dishes, and prepared foods for the supermarket, club store, and food service industries. Family owned and operated, Reser's has been a proud sponsor of good times at racetracks, picnics, BBQs, music festivals, and affordable family meals since 1950. Reser's family of brands include Reser's American Classics, Main St Bistro, Stonemill Kitchens, and more. With more than 4,500 employees, Reser's operates 14 facilities in the US, Mexico, and Canada and actively supports the communities it serves.Manufacturing/Operations