Behavioral Health Specialist (Biotech)
Akima Global Logistics (AGL) stands ready to deliver comprehensive logistics & supply chian services to ensure mission success. From the airfield to the warehouse and everywhere in between, AGL delivers comprehensive supply, transportation, and maintenance services designed to optimize and maintain operations. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company's profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) to work as a government contractor with competitive compensation, flexibility, and mission to offer Behavioral Health Services to Service Members within the Texas Army National Guard.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide Behavioral Health Case Management for Service Members currently serving within the Texas Army National Guard
• Complete comprehensive, clinical assessment/evaluation under current guidelines of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) of the American Psychiatric Association
• Use and interpret various psychological assessment measures, and prepare written evaluation reports with clinical impressions and recommendations
• Apply professional knowledge of principals, theories, procedures, and practices of social work to application of Department of Defense (DoD) guidelines
• Complete comprehensive, collaborative treatment plans for Service Members presenting with behavior health symptoms or condition causing limitations to military service
• Provide routine follow-ups to support Service Members throughout the treatment process and stabilization, with status updates coordinated with unit leaderships
• Advise Command Teams and Unit Leadership on how best to support their Service Member through behavioral health treatment plans intended to optimize treatment outcomes
• Initiate, monitor, and request clearance of behavioral health profiles, evaluate and upload medical documents in Health Readiness Record, and collaborate with both civilian and military providers in order to ensure connection to (and compliance with) treatment, with the goal in mind of symptom stabilization and Soldier Return to Duty
• Prepare Command Directed Mental Health Evaluation (CDMHE) and made recommendations regarding risk to self/others, stabilization, treatment planning, retention, deployment, and general determination of fitness for duty
• Provide Traumatic Event Management following Serious Incident Report where trauma has occurred (assessment and implementation of a coordinated behavioral health response), including mobilization of available supports and community partnerships
• Collaborate with other disciplines and programs concerning family support, resiliency, suicide prevention, sexual assault, and substance abuse
• Provide 24/7/365 access to Behavioral Health Team programming, through On-Call rotation (to include weekday/evening/weekend/holiday coverage) to offer: critical incident counseling, behavioral health assessment and screening, connection to resources and referral, profile initiation, and crisis-support services
• Provide Behavioral Health Support at Full Medical Readiness (FMR), Soldier Readiness Process (SRP), and Reverse Soldier Readiness Process (RSRP) events
• Maintain knowledge of and proficiency with the array of local, state, and national external behavioral health resources available to TXARNG Service Members
• Provide professional clinical documentation to include clinical assessment, treatment progress reports, entries into eCase, Standard Form 600, and other forms as required by the Office of the Joint Surgeon
• Complete weekly report tracking Behavioral Health caseload to reflect case openings, case closures, risk-level, treatment engagement, diagnosis, and treatment engagement
• Attend weekly case consultation meetings and follow all HIPAA regulations and professional ethical standards in all activities
• Travel as needed for events, conferences, and presentations
• An active, unrestricted and in good standing, license to practice Social Work; Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW) preferred, Licensed Master Social Work (LMSW) accepted under supervision.
• Masters degree in Psychology, Behavioral Health Management or a related field; minimum of three (3) years of experience in the application of clinical mental health principles.
• Strong working knowledge of DSM-5 diagnostic categories and criteria, with experience in diagnosis and treatment of wide range of mental health conditions.
• Experience with and comfort in suicide prevention, crisis response, and be able to work effectively and independently to support stabilization for Service Members presenting with suicide risk.
• Experience and/or knowledge of health care within the military system, including external/civilian resources available to service members and their families.
• Excellent professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships, maintain appropriate boundaries, and work equally well independently or as part of a team.
• Courteous and professional when delivering clinical recommendations that may at times be adversarial to some Service Members or Command Teams who have a vested interest in the outcome of an evaluation.
• Excellent skills in time management and an ability to manage and prioritize key tasks (e.g., clinical emergencies) in an efficient and effective manner.
• Comfortable making clinical recommendations with limited information and in the context of diagnostic uncertainty.
• Be proficient in computer skills, electronic system software (e.g., Microsoft Office, Outlook, TEAMS, Excel, Adobe) including military applications (e.g., MODS, eProfile, MedPros, etc.) and virtual technologies that support Virtual Behavioral Health.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.