Branch Manager in Training (Finance)
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
GardaWorld is the world's largest privately owned security services company offering a wide range of highly focused business solutions including leading-edge security services and cash solutions. In over two decades, our work has taken us from our home base in Montreal to the oil fields of Iraq, and embassies across Africa. We're also present in financial institutions in the US and airports in Canada. We operate across a broad range of sectors, including financial services, infrastructure, natural resources and retail. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies and governments with people and assets deployed around the world. Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, our 100,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Africa and the Middle East. In today's complex world, security has become a vital concern for everyone and is the foundation of our present and future success.
Join America's Premier Cash Logistics Company
Garda is growing! Due to our continued growth, GARDA Cash Logistics, one of the nation's largest armored car companies, is seeking BRANCH MANAGER IN TRAINING to train at our St. Paul, MN branch. Selected candidates will work with our Operations Management team to learn the operation of our armored transportation and cash processing facility. This hands on training experience will help you become an exceptional leader at GARDA. After a 3-6 month training period, you may be deployed to open Branch Manager positions throughout the country. The ability to relocate is a prerequisite.
Qualified candidates will be security sensitive and have a minimum of 3 years of operations management experience, ideally in the transportation or cash logistics industry. Profit and loss (P&L) management experience is a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary. People skills and leadership experience is a MUST.
Branch Manager in Training Job Responsibilities:
• Ensure all safety and security procedures are followed by all employees.
• Deliver Service levels meeting all of our customers' expectations.
• Deliver Branch Productivity and Profitability targets.
• Responsible for daily work assignments for armored crews and vault personnel.
• Responsible for recruitment and training of new employees.
• Reward, coach, counsel, and discipline employees.
• Ensure employee qualifications with department of transportation guidelines and state/county guard and weapons requirements.
• Daily vehicle assignments, ensuring vehicle safety and fitness through contact with vehicle services department or local vehicle maintenance vendors.
• Supervise vault personnel and assist in vault when needed.
• Fill-in on Armored and or ATM routes when needed.
• Employee development and evaluating employees for promotions.
• May travel for temporary duties at other locations.
• Three plus years management experience in transportation or related environment.
• Managers shall maintain a valid state driver's license and may be asked to obtain a commercial license. Managers shall maintain an acceptable driving record per company standards.
• Managers are required to have a college degree or related experience.
• Managers shall maintain current guard and gun permits or licenses.
• Must meet the requirements to maintain a DOT medical examiner's certificate.
• Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills. The oral skills must be demonstrable in person and with a radio in the English language.
• Ability to give clear oral and written instructions and have the ability to train and lead armored and vault employees.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to obtain complete knowledge of the Armored Car Personnel Work Rules or branch labor agreements (where applicable), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, state guard and gun regulations and Company policies and procedures.
Branch headcount varies by branch size. Managers will supervise junior management employees, support staff, Crew Leaders, Driver/Messengers, vault personnel, and cash processing staff.
Managers will work both indoors and outdoors in all types of lighting and weather conditions, including but not limited to heat, sun, rain, snow and ice. Personal protective equipment may be required, such as firearm, holster and uniform. Bullet resistant vests are supplied by Garda CL and are recommended for use. The working conditions described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
We offer competitive wages and a great benefit package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more! Candidate must meet the company's hiring criteria. Pre-employment backgrounds checks are required, physical exam, drug test and other testing maybe required.
EOE, Drug Free Workplace
GardaWorld offers competitive wages and a great benefits package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more!
Candidates must meet the company's hiring criteria. Physical exam and other testing may be required.