64-Marketing - Marketing Intern (R&D)
DATA ANALYTICS COOPERATIVE POSITION
Title: Marketing Co-op – Data Analytics
General Summary: The main objective for the data analyst co-op position is to assist the market data analyst in supporting the sales and engineering teams by providing actionable opportunities and customer insight through market data analytics. Through training and collaborative projects you will build relationships with the sales and engineering teams and gain product and industry knowledge. This will be the basis for your understanding of McNaughton-McKay's business and goals, allowing market data and projects to be relevant and more intuitive. While working with the market data analyst you will connect with departments across the company from various locations and develop the technical and business skills required to analyze data with hands-on experience on real-time projects using several analytic tools.
- Mine, clean and interpret internal and external data sources using data analytics software.
- Analyze large data sets to identify patterns and trends.
- Work with market data analyst to explore data needs, conduct data analysis and share proposals/results through a combination of reports and presentations backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions.
- Assist with collaboration between corporate marketing and regional sales, and engineering, as well as with vendors.
- Assist with supporting sales, engineering and marketing departments in the joint development of the business development plan and programs.
- Proactively research and learn data analysis methods as it relates to assigned projects.
- Develop a broad and deep understanding of customer industries, business goals and vendors.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; organizing, prioritizing and completing tasks at own initiative.
- Demonstrate an analytical mind with problem solving skills and data-oriented characteristics.
- Ability to take initiative to research and explore analytic trends and innovative ways to analyze data.
- Demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with SQL Server, Java, or other programming language.
- Knowledge of MS operating systems and MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent follow-up skills.
- Completed sophomore level credits
Reports To: Corporate Director, Marketing & Digital Technology
Working Conditions – Location:
Normal Office environment. This position is compensated hourly and eligible for paid holidays (while on work rotation).
How to Apply:
For more information visit us online at www.mc-mc.com. There you will find more information about McNaughton-McKay and our open positions as well as the application process under the Company heading. Please apply by visiting the Careers subsection and selection the Data Analytics Co-op – Madison Heights, Michigan job listing and make sure your resume indicates if you are A or B section.