Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
Recruiter (Human Resources)
The overall purpose of this position is to manage and execute the full cycle hiring process of IEEE's non-exempt and exempt positions. The incumbent is expected to source, interview, and hire applicants whose competencies, skills and abilities, and experience meet the specific job needs stated by IEEE hiring managers. They will be a strategic business partner to the hiring manager from the initiation of the hiring process to extension of the offer to the execution of the IEEE on-boarding process to include a 30 and 60 day follow up meeting with the new hire and their hiring manager. They will be the process manager of each assigned hire and will work with the hiring manager and HR in placing appropriate advertising and internal postings, creating scripts for phone interviews, and reviewing interview questions for legal and hiring appropriateness. They will also guide the hiring manager in determining if the use of temporary or staffing agencies is appropriate.
Recruiting processes are complex and affect IEEE compliance with laws and regulations, worldwide, affect the hiring manager's ability to select qualified employees, and affect IEEE's and HR's reputation with their client communities. This position exists to support the IEEE talent acquisition and specific activities associated with these processes. The Recruiter's ability to achieve the desired outcomes described below will depend upon the degree to which they master and execute all aspects of these processes, and the degree to which they exhibit sound judgment, confidentiality, a professional demeanor, strong customer service skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
• Scheduling their own interviews utilizing the assistance of the Hiring Manager's administrative support in addition to providing interview scheduling support for the Manager, Recruitment and Director, Workforce Planning;
• Administering the new hire onboarding process, including processing required documents and communications with the hiring manager and new hire;
• May be required to conduct new hire overview or NEO (New Employee Orientation) Sessions;
• Will administer the E-Verify process for new hires and ensure that all new hire documents are appropriately completed;
• Expected to create digitized personnel records for new hires and maintain digitized personnel records which include closing and transferring terminated employee personnel records from the active to terminated digitized folders, and under the supervision of the Manager, Recruitment, will respond to employee and auditor requests for access to the digitized employee personnel file.
This position typically reports to the Manager, Recruitment and functions as an individual contributor.
Licenses and Certifications
Skills and Requirements
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, "Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions." This position is classified under Category I - Office Positions.
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description is proprietary to IEEE. It outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.