Sr. Power Electronics Engineer (Marketing)
• Hybrid Position: The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work-based business needs.
We run together. We're stronger together. You belong here.
At Meritor, we live by the Meritor Code – our shared commitment to be our best. Each one of us contributes to our culture rooted in driving innovation and championing inclusion for all. Our success has always been centered on collaboration, bringing together diverse talent and ideas to drive innovation and promote continuous learning. We empower our team members to do what's right for our customers and each other every day, championing flexible and sustainable teamwork where everyone feels valued and can make an impact.
Our Sr. Power Electronics Engineer responsible for power electronics hardware development for traction inverter system applications from concept to production. They will be the project lead for power electronics development and subject matter expert with AC motor drivers for electrified drivetrain system.
• Lead the entire design cycle of power electronics hardware related traction inverter system application; including requirements definition; specifications, design release, prototype, validation and production launch support with key supplier partners.
• Capture customer and internal requirements to create and releases for EE hardware specifications internally and to external suppliers
• Lead EE hardware design reviews with internal cross-functional engineering group, suppliers and customers.
• Provide project guidance to validation engineers to develop power electronics and other ECU test specifications and DVP&R's
• Lead development of electronics DFMEA's and provide input to system DFMEA's
• Develop ISO 26262 work products to meet electrified powertrain functional safety compliance
• Provide input to DVP&R's in coordination with validation engineers
• Release all required ECU technical documents
• Lead EE hardware diagnostics, teardown and warranty analysis
• Lead customer interface for electronics through the development cycle and post production support
• Support manufacturing and coordinate prototype builds and vehicle builds
• Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of electronics hardware design experience in automotive industry
• Experience developing specifications for high power switching devices from IGBT to SiC MOSFETS
• Experience with modeling and simulation tools like Matlab/Simulink, Plexim, PowerSim
• Experience with power-electronics and high voltage traction inverter
• Solid understanding of real time PMSM motor control principles
• Experience with CAN, FlexRay and other high speed serial communication systems
• Expertise in HW design tools such as Altium, Mentor Graphics, CAD or similar
• 7+ years of electronics hardware design or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
• Experience with AC Motor drives, microcontrollers, A/D converters, resolvers and digital logic
• Experience controlling automotive PMSM, BLDC and other types of AC motors
• Experience with automotive EMC/EMI testing and High Voltage systems
• Solid understanding of electronics manufacturing techniques, including surface-mount devices, reflow, wave, robotic, and selective solder processes
• Experience developing FTA, DFMEA, FIT analysis to meet ISO 26262 Functional Safety requirements for electronic hardware
This position is eligible for Meritor's Incentive Compensation Plan, which offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Meritor provides a comprehensive total rewards benefit program. Options include medical, dental, vision, Health savings account, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, employee assistance program, vehicle discounts and more.
At Meritor, all are welcome. Our focus is on creating a people-focused culture that enables each one of us to perform at our best. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. At Meritor, we run together. You belong here.