Quality Engineer (Marketing)
• Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
We run together. We're stronger together. You belong here.
At Cummins-Meritor, we live by the Cummins-Meritor Code – our shared commitment to be our best. Each one of us contributes to our culture rooted in driving innovation and championing inclusion for all. Our success has always been centered on collaboration, bringing together diverse talent and ideas to drive innovation and promote continuous learning. We empower our team members to do what's right for our customers and each other every day, championing flexible and sustainable teamwork where everyone feels valued and can make an impact.
The quality engineer is member of the Quality Assurance Team. The quality engineer is the supervisor and facilitator of the QA technicians. The quality engineer responsibilities include the planning and conducting of the activities concerned with the quality assurance systems. The quality engineer will identify, analyze, and support problem solving activities.
• Supervise QA technicians. These responsibilities include manpower planning, work assignments, employee performance, team administrative tasks, etc.
• Coach, train, and develop QA technicians including technical development and team skills.
• Assist the quality manager in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the quality system.
• Support the plant's audit activity including product audits, process audits, and internal quality audits.
• Provide support to the manufacturing areas to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
• Improve and monitor the inspection systems.
• Support problem solving and corrective actions taken in response to customer complaints, audit findings, etc.
• Support creation and maintenance of company quality documentation such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
• Plan, organize, and manage the overall activities of receiving and outgoing quality functions.
• Plan, organize, and manage the overall activities of the gauge, measurement, and inspection equipment systems.
• Support the continual improvements to the quality assurance process and procedures
• Minimum of 5 years in Quality Engineering activities required
• Experienced in requirements and implementation of QS 9000 or TS 16949 required.
• Experienced in related manufacturing processes (welding/assembly) required.
• Experienced in Structured Problem Solving (8D) required.
• Knowledge of Basic/Advanced Statistic required.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen required.
• Quality certifications desired (CRE CQE Black Belt etc.)
This position is eligible for Cummins-Meritor's Incentive Compensation Plan, which offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Cummins-Meritor provides a comprehensive total rewards benefit program. Options include medical, dental, vision, Health savings account, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, employee assistance program, vehicle discounts and more.
At Cummins-Meritor, all are welcome. Our focus is on creating a people-focused culture that enables each one of us to perform at our best. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. At Cummins-Meritor, we run together. You belong here.