Valassis Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Electrical Maintenance Mechanic - Night Shift (Marketing)
Provide electrical maintenance support for 24 hr./7- day manufacturing operation. Plan, layout, install and repair a wide variety of complex electrical/electronic equipment including automatic machine and process controls, switch boards, control centers and panels, relays, circuit breakers, electronic controls including alarm and communication systems. Plan and install primary and secondary controls, diagnose electrical/electronic problems, replace or repair parts, detect and replace defective control modules, test units for proper function and make final adjustments. Performs preventive maintenance responsibility and assists Mechanical Maintenance Technician with trouble shooting and repairs. Works a rotating shift and regularly must provide complex troubleshooting and repair without on-site technical supervision or guidance.
• Completes equipment installations, scheduled/unscheduled repairs utilizing the following standard methods: Works with blueprints, schematics, sketches, manuals, written and/or verbal instructions in carrying out job assignments. Assists in the inspection of electrical systems to building; makes recommendations for repairs and modifications. Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers. Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other Technical Services support to diagnose malfunction. Diagnoses and replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, printed circuit boards, switches, and motors, and adjusts mechanical parts as necessary. Operates control systems, teach pendants, and programmable controllers required to program automated machinery, operate automated machinery, test for malfunctions, and verify repairs. Aligns, adjusts, and calibrates equipment according to specifications. Documents work and records equipment changes.
• Completes and documents specific preventative and predictive maintenance duties (cleaning, inspecting, replacing/adjusting, lubricating, measuring, etc.) on assigned equipment.
• Team Responsibilities: Work closely with equipment operators to troubleshoot and maintain high level of operating efficiency. Work closely with OEM technical support. Requisitions supplies, parts, and equipment and sends parts out for repair. Records appropriate equipment information concerning equipment repairs and performance. Shares responsibility for repairing and maintaining facility with other maintenance technicians. Assists other Technical Services team members on assigned projects. Attend meetings/respond to requests in the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor or team leader. Other duties as assigned.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS
• Informs leaders and other technicians of pertinent information and communicates to other departments as necessary.
• Communicates with equipment operators to determine problems with equipment before breakdown and to determine if equipment adjustments or
repairs are necessary.
• Communicates with equipment vendors and various suppliers including technical local and international support.
Often must make decisions in conjunction with department supervisors to shut down equipment, schedule repairs, request for service.
Functions as member of emergency response team providing equipment and utility shut down, sprinkler valve operation, and assistance to emergency personnel as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb (steps or ladders up to 35 ft.) or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and may work in restricted spaces and awkward positions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds/above 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to chemicals that require special handling and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud (hearing protection required).EDUCATION
• High School Diploma or GED (Required)
• Electrical/Electronic Associate's Degree from a two year college/technical school or equivalent technical training from previous employment.
• Two to four years of work experience in Industrial Electrical Maintenance and troubleshooting is desired.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURES
• Required Certifications/Licensures: (Forklift Driver Certified)
• Preferred Certifications/Licensures: (Electrician's License desirable but not required.)
• Ability to retain knowledge of procedures and processes and understand complex instructions and multi-step procedures.
• Willingness to attend training classes to learn or enhance skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Ability to organize work, people and materials.
• Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine reports. Intermediate written and verbal communications skills.
• Intermediate math skills. Ability to calculate area, circumference, and volume and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• PC Networking/Troubleshooting skills.
• Proficient in the fundamentals of PLC programming and working with blueprints, schematics, sketches, and other forms of equipment documentation.
• Service-oriented personality.
• Ability to work independently on nights and weekend shifts.
• Ability to work a 12-hour rotating work schedule with call-in and overtime duties.
• Must learn to operate a boom lift and become forklift certified.
• Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Must have knowledge of Internet software, Inventory Software, Manufacturing Software, and Order Processing systems.Hourly Pay Rate: $25.00 - $30.00, plus $1.25 hourly shift differential for working on the night shift.
The ultimate compensation offered for the position will depend upon several factors such as skill level, cost of living, experience, and responsibilities.
Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
At Vericast, we don't just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community.As an Equal Opportunity employer, Vericast considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .