The Scott Family Amazeum
Senior Marketing Manager (Creative Design)
Scott Family Amazeum Overview
The Scott Family Amazeum is a hands-on, interactive museum in Northwest Arkansas that creates a fun environment where risk taking, imagining, problem solving, discovery, collaboration, and exploration bring children and adults together to learn and grow.
The mission of the Amazeum is:
“To engage the imagination of children and their families through interactive exhibits, programs, and resources while creating an excitement for lifelong learning and the enrichment of lives.”
Through experiences with the Amazeum, individuals and the community are engaged in building relationships and developing identities as creative, curious, and innovative shapers for the region. Learning at the Amazeum is an active, playful exploration that inspires curiosity. It is rooted in inquiry-based discovery and involves an element of risk. Hands-on learning opportunities allow guests to exercise critical thinking in the context of play.
The Amazeum facility includes approximately 50,000 square feet of indoor space and one acre of outdoor exhibition and activity space. The museum is located at the intersection of Museum Way and J Street in Bentonville, AR.
The Amazeum seeks a strong leader with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will be both a self-starter who knows how to take initiative and a collaborative colleague who can work effectively in a very team-centered, rapidly changing environment. Strong project management and organizational skills are essential.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development and Communications, the Sr. Manager will develop and implement an ongoing strategic marketing and media relations plan to include message development, writing news releases, social media calendar, and media monitoring. The Sr. Manager of Mar-Comm will manage multiple projects at one time working across departments to gather content and feedback in order to meet deadlines.
The Sr. Manager will lead a team that develops our digital media and graphic design portfolios, as well as participate in the creative output of the organization, including education, exhibits, retail, and public programming. Having and sharing a sense of discovery, wonder, and playful learning are key to a successful candidate.
Manage messaging across channels, platforms, and audiences
Leadership and management
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
-Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
-Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
-Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
-Ability to create, implement, and monitor budgets.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment, working with key partners internal and external to the museum.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and initiatives.
-Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or related field
- Minimum 3 years' experience supervising others
- Knowledge of digital media platforms and strategies
- Experience using e-marketing tools
- At least 5-7 years employment in a related field
- Experience working with web content management system
- Experience working for a non-profit or mission-focused organization
- Experience in illustration, photo editing and publication design using Adobe Creative Cloud or similar creative digital tools
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.