Senior Engineer- Products & Process (Engineering)
CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO), is one of the world's leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia and childhood myopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com.
JOB TITLE: Senior Engineer (Product and Process Science)
DEPARTMENT: AMO-Technical Innovations
Actively participate, assist, and/or be accountable in the planning and execution of mid- to high-complexity development and troubleshooting activities for new and existing products or processes.
• Processing Set up for New Lines
• Detailed Plant & Logistics-for New Process Development
• New Process Confirmation
• Materials Characterization
• Test Method Development
• Test Method Validation
• Material, Raw Materials, Lens Enhancements
• New Materials Development
• Experimental Studies for New Technology
• Primary packaging enhancements
• Dry Molding Process
• Fill and close Process
• Curing Process
• Demolding and Delensing
• Packaging and Sealing Process
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Equipment Transfer
• Training for Product Transfer
• Equipment Installation for New Lines
• Project Design and Master Planning for New Process Development
• Project and Product Definition for New Product
• Product Design for New Product
• Equipment & Process Design for New Product
• Material Procurement
• Generating Quality Plan
• Designing Verification
• Designing Validation for New Product
• Process Setup
• Patent Review
• Final Packaging
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong project management skills
• Proven leadership skills
• Strong technical writing skills
• Knowledge of QSR regulation
• Bilingual (English/ Spanish)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Personal computer knowledge (MS Office suite)
• Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP, part 58) and GMP.
• Safety regulation knowledge (OSHA)
• Ability to work overtime and weekends when necessary
• Generally, works in a closed environment, in office conditions, with moderate level of noise and controllable changes of temperature
• Needs to stand, walk and may be seated for a long period of time
• Uses hands to feel, handle and reach
• Works with a personal computer and programs to prepare documents or reports
• Applies communication skills (advanced reading, writing, and technical skills) and mathematical concepts knowledge to perform work and coordinate with others
• Needs to have high analytical capacity and level of professionalism and judgement to resolve problems
• Bachelor degree in Engineering (Industrial, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical).
• MS degree in engineering preferred.
• Engineering-In-Training (EIT) license preferred.
• At least five years of relevant industrial experience
• Experience in pharmaceutical or medical device industries preferred.
• Experience with multi-cavity injection molding processes.
• Experience in R&D, process development, and/or product development.
• Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.