Staker Parsons Companies
Portable Hot Plant Operator (Central/Southern Utah) (Agriculture)
Nielson Construction & Materials, a CRH Company, is a member of the CRH Americas Materials West Division. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
This is a skilled position where the employee will organize, develop, and oversee the operations of the plant controlling production and load out of materials produced. The plant operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of plant equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
• Safety of all personnel working within the business unit.
• Safety and environmental stewardship of sites in the business unit.
• Monitor asphalt operation to ensure quality of mix.
• Oversee ordering and maintaining needed materials for the plant.
• Performs basic maintenance and service on asphalt plant as required.
• Operates truck scales and oversees the loading of the trucks.
• Prints load tickets for customers.
• Enters production information into computer systems.
• Personnel recruitment, selection, training, coaching, and retention.
• Work cooperatively with other area management to accomplish goals.
• Continuously improve product sales and customer relations.
• Ensure that Staker Parson Companies is the Preferred Source and an industry-leader in the area served by the business unit.
• Various administrative duties.
• Other duties as assigned per supervisor.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include involvement in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• A Standard Driver's License Required
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clearly and effectively. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, common fractions, and decimals.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Manages difficult or emotional customer and or employee situations; Responds promptly to customer and or employee needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
• Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Makes themself available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Nielson Construction & Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.