Equipment Operator Lead $3K Sign on Bonus Offered (Manufacturing)
Arcosa Specialty Materials is searching for an Equipment Operator Lead for our Seattle, WA plant. In this role you will support a positive safety culture and direct production and maintenance activities within a manufacturing environment that is regulated by MSHA safety standards.
$3K Sign on Bonus Offered
As an Equipment Operator Lead, you will lead and direct the production and maintenance team in all areas of plant operations, including production, maintenance, and crushing, and heavy equipment operation. You will use welding equipment, hand tools, power tools and electronic test equipment to perform a variety of maintenance tasks to diagnose operational obstacles in areas including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical systems to include hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
Arcosa Specialty Materials is a leading producer and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of lightweight and natural aggregates, including expanded shale and clay, crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products
What You'll Do:
• Coordinate Plant operations with Plant Manager and other leads.
• Prepare parts lists and orders and retrieve parts as needed.
• Diagnose and repair all types of rotating and conveying equipment, including pumps, elevators, screw conveyors, belting, material handling, crushers, centrifuges, and dryers, etc.
• Routinely inspect, test, operate, and clean equipment to determine whether it is functioning properly and safely.
• Proactively assist in training less-skilled employees.
• Make repairs to and check machines and equipment for correct operation.
• Perform miscellaneous jobs related duties as assigned.
• Complete all MSHA required paperwork.
• Maintain shop and maintenance vehicle cleanliness.
• Coordinate with Warehouse on inventory and job tasks
• Coordinate with team to assure all PM work is completed.
• Demonstrate and explain machine operation and processes to new workers.
What You'll Need:
• Prompt, regular, and predictable attendance.
• The ability to frequently stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs, ladders, and catwalks up to 60 feet as required, and occasionally lift weights up to 60 pounds.
• At least 5+ years' experience as an equipment operator or maintenance technician, diesel mechanic, or related fields, preferably in construction or mining environment, preferably with lead or supervisory experience.
• Willingness to adhere and enforce safety rules and regulations, including wearing PPE.
• Dynamic leadership over the workforce, with good communication skills.
• Proficiency in General Maintenance, Lubrication, Welding, and Diagnostics.
• Ability to problem solve, set priorities, and determine best methods and procedures.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as manuals, labels, blueprints, and schematics.
• Computer experience: Microsoft Office suite preferred.
• Ability to complete and organize documentation associated with job.
• Willingness to follow directions and work effectively with management.
• Ability to motivate others with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Creative thinking and good organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays as required.
• Knowledge of and experience with conveyors, bearings, elevators, hammer mills, feeders, etc.
• Working knowledge of lock out/tag out/block out /tryout.
• MSHA certification (we will train).
• The ability to work in a varied outdoor environment (cold, hot, dry, dusty, rainy) and perform duties in areas with regular exposure to moderate to loud noise levels, fine dust, vibration and moving mechanical parts.