Woodhaven Retirement Community
DIRECTOR OF DINING EXCELLENCE (Project Management)
We are a boutique retirement community with an excellent opportunity for a Director of Dining Services. This position provides overall planning, recommendations, documentation, and control of resident/patient nutritional needs in the facility within requirements of company standards and policies and statutory requirements. Woodhaven operates four boutique sized restaurant style dining rooms. Residents are invited to select food for all three daily meals from menus.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks
• Planning, developing, directing, and monitoring the Dietary/Dining Services Department and all nutritional services for the residents of a retirement community.
• Teaching residents, patients, family, and care providers the principles of the nutrition plan and motivating residents to maintain optimal nutritional health.
• Educating facility staff on nutritional health and related safety practices assists management with implementing facility policies.
• Interviewing, selecting, training and managing dietary staff as needed.
• Monitoring performance relative to job description and job duties for each level of dietary staff.
• Developing and coordinating work schedules to ensure adequate staff to cover each shift.
• Evaluating food usage, inventory and equipment, to plan and purchase food, supplies and equipment.
• Supervise bistro restaurant operation.
• Following standards and procedures for preparing food and ensuring compliance among all staff.
• Planning menus including responding to client preferences, substitution lists, therapeutic diets, and industry trends.
• Inspecting food quality to ensure that standards for appearance, palatability, temperature, and servings times are met; conduct regular test tray audits and kitchen
inspections to ensure compliance.
• Assure that foods are prepared according to production schedules and menus.
• Must be a Certified Dietary Manager (CDM)
• Must have 2 years of experience in senior living, assisted living, rehabilitation, and/or acute care environment
Among the benefits our staff have enjoyed for three decades and counting:
• FULLY PAID HOSPITALIZATION, DENTAL & VISION (including Family)!
• Employer PAID 401(k) pension plan
• Merit based raises provided annually
• FREE daily meal with every shift worked
• FREE Livonia Recreation Center passes available for self and your family
Job type: full time