CFS Title, LLC
Title Examiner (Legal)
Thank you for your interest in a career with Centra. A career at Centra Credit Union is more than a job; it is an opportunity to make a meaningful impact in our Members' financial lives and our communities. Centra was established in 1940 and is headquartered in Columbus, Indiana. Centra is ranked among the top five largest credit unions in Indiana and among the most financially sound institutions in the United States. Centra serves Membership throughout central and southern Indiana as well as other areas like Jamestown, NY, and Whitakers, NC. Centra Team Members enjoy excellent benefits, an atmosphere that fosters family and work-life integration, a heritage of strong values, a high level of Team Member engagement in the achievement of results, and the opportunity for growth with the Centra Family. Credit Unions are Not for Profit, Not for Charity, But for Service. If these are the things that matter to you then please read on, we look forward to hearing from you.
CFS Title has an exciting opportunity for a Title Examiner Located in Franklin, Indiana. This position enters residential and commercial orders in the production journal. This position searches, gathers, and examines Court House records including the Recorder's, Auditor's, Treasurer's, and Assessor's Office as well as all Courts of the County. Once examined, prepared and checked, the file will be moved to the closing department. This position will receive and resolve questions posed from customers regarding pre- and post-closing issues.
The minimum starting wage for this opportunity is $25.65 per hour.
This position may be required to perform additional duties as requested. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
· Enters all orders designates the Underwriter and completes due diligence with out-of-county orders. Receives calls and answers questions related to the documents.
· Visits and establishes contact with Court Houses to search property records and obtain copies of taxes, chain of title, judgement, and examines the transfer books.
· Draws legal descriptions to determine closure, discovering gaps, and/or overlaps.
· Examines and evaluates the need for further research of all found documents using websites where public records are accessible.
· Conducts a judgment search on parties found within the chain of title and showing any valid liens.
· Validates proper access, uncovers title defects and limits liability.
· Collaborates with Underwriters for guidance on legal issues regarding property.
· Prepares invoicing for completed work and files, scans and organizes closed files.
· Recognizes problems and makes recommendations for resolution on insured parcels.
· Identifies and raises questions to cases of possible fraud.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – (Equivalent combination of Education & Experience will be considered.)
· High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
· A Minimum of one year up to three years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
Centra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.