Materials Planner (Marketing)
• Hybrid Position: The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work-based business needs.
Why work for us
We run together. We're stronger together. You belong here.
At Meritor, we live by the Meritor Code – our shared commitment to be our best. Each one of us contributes to our culture rooted in driving innovation and championing inclusion for all. Our success has always been centered on collaboration, bringing together diverse talent and ideas to drive innovation and promote continuous learning. We empower our team members to do what's right for our customers and each other every day, championing flexible and sustainable teamwork where everyone feels valued and can make an impact.
Responsibility for forecasting, trend, and parameter calculations to accomplish the company goals related to materials requirements planning, inventory management and other important materials related functions.
• Interface with Marketing & Sales to co-ordinate market intelligence data into historical forecast
• Forecast and trend calculations to ensure availability of materials in sufficient quantities
• Parameter calculations for material planning to drive continuous improvement
• Ability to identify, define and make recommendations for material planning initiatives
• Pursue, monitor, and manage the development of inventory levels, including identification of reducing
• Achieve first time pick goals, stock turns and inventory levels
• Extract information from ORACLE database in useable format using query programming skills
• Trend calculations to ensure market specific requirements are met
• Ensure appropriate records are kept to satisfy requests for historical information
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related field
• At least 2 years' experience in material planning preferably in manufacturing industry
• Solid understanding of materials operations especially inventory control, planning/scheduling,
forecasting and trend analysis
• Good IT (MS Office) skills and experience with MRP applications (Oracle Preferred)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be organized, demonstrate flexibility and be a team player
• Good analytical skills
• Ability to grasp new initiatives/processes
• Ability to work under high pressure
This position is eligible for Meritor's Incentive Compensation Plan, which offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Meritor provides a comprehensive total rewards benefit program. Options include medical, dental, vision, Health savings account, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, employee assistance program, vehicle discounts and more.
At Meritor, all are welcome. Our focus is on creating a people-focused culture that enables each one of us to perform at our best. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. At Meritor, we run together. You belong here.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.