Valassis Direct Mail, Inc
Production Technician 3 (Marketing)
• Production Technician 3 - Machine Operator
• Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Rate: $17.50 Per hour
• Production: Ensures that goals are being met and issues are communicated to Manager. Completes all work assignments during production. Checking in material, Pocket set-ups, Move material offline that is no longer needed, and other assignments as necessary. Make adjustments to the machine that improve quality and performance.
• Quality and Waste: Monitors product quality for correctness and report when errors occur. Monitors print and bundle quality. Make adjustments as necessary to correct quality issues. Monitors product waste and take steps to reduce or eliminate spoilage and doubles.
• Communication/Record Keeping: Maintains accurate record keeping IE: safety audits, packages per hour, labor hours per thousand and other logs or forms. Communicates personnel issues to the Manager.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS
Communicate with other team members
Ability to work overtime, beyond regular schedule, to complete work assignments as required.EDUCATION
• High School Diploma or GED (Required)
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language preferred.
• Basic computer software experience.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of machine components and manufacturing operation.
• 1-3 years Related experience. Ability to multi-task. Strong knowledge of machine components and manufacturing operations. Ability to troubleshoot machine problems. Demonstrates advance skills in computers and production reports. (Required)PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to lift up to 40lbs, carry up to 40lbs, push up to 40lbs, pull up to 40lbs, twist, stand, stoop, climb, bend, walk, squat, kneel, reach, and grip throughout the shift. Lastly, employees are required to have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.*Disclaimer: Weight requirements may vary by location. Please contact HR Business Partner for further details and/or refer to Physical Requirements Addendum.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne dust, paper particles, and industrial lift trucks. All work environments that exceed OSHA's standard on noise levels require associates to wear the hearing protection that is provided.