Scale Clerk (Agriculture)
Arcosa Aggregates is searching for a Scale Clerk for our Louisiana plants. In this role you will support a positive safety culture by directing the activities and staff within an aggregate environment that is regulated by MSHA safety standards. As a Fulfillment Support, you will run the scale house, provide customer service and support staff by conveying customer needs.
Arcosa Aggregates is a leading producer and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of natural aggregates, including crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.
What you'll do:
• Comply with all industry safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations
• Operate scale house
o Schedule and direct trucks
o Work cooperatively with sales department & dispatch
o Understand customers' needs and requirements
o Answer incoming telephone calls
o Cash sales – document, verify & accurately fill out checks for customers
o Research problem tickets and properly document findings
o Convey any known customer needs and/or complaints with the appropriate people
o Maintains files for trucker's insurance, tax exempt certificates, and overload permits.
o Assist administrator and manager as required
o Prompt, regular and predicable attendance
What you'll need:
• Ability to meet customers and project friendly, cooperative, and positive attitude
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Keep workplace clean and organized
• Knowledge of legal weights & measures helpful
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Competent operating normal office equipment - copiers, fax machines, adding
machines, computers, printers, etc.
• Excellent attitude towards safety
• Service oriented and a team player
• Must be able to prioritize workload in an efficient manner
• Proficient with computer applications such as Microsoft Office
• Must be able to sit at a computer approximately 10 hours a day
• Must be able to bend, stand in order to handle files and related paperwork
Must be able to communicate over CB and two-way radio
Logistics Supply Chain