Production Coordinator (Project Management)
AMETEK Process Instruments is a worldwide manufacturer of process analyzers and instrumentation. We focus our experience on designing new, innovative analyzers that help our customers achieve higher levels of productivity and quality. By seeking out ways to overcome the limitations of current methods of process monitoring, control and quality assurance, we have created some of the most capable, unique technologies in the world. A business unit of the Process and Analytical Instruments division of AMETEK Inc., we are part of a global corporation with a growth plan founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion and New Products.
We are looking for a Production Coordinator to join our team.
The ideal candidate will:
• Create and aligning production orders to align with shipping schedule and Kanban levels for book and bill spare parts orders
• Close production orders and work with finance to diagnose and explain variances
• Measure and report On Time Delivery for analyzer and spare part deliveries and take corrective actions to support improvements
• Coordinate material movement and communicate critical paths necessary to meet shipments and schedule
• Promote a safe and environmentally productive work environment
• Coordinate startups, shutdowns, and job changes for production areas
• Participate in kaizen initiatives to solve problems and improve standard work
• Interface with support departments – i.e., quality, supply chain, etc.
• Coordinate with manufacturing supervisor to schedule production orders around vacations and available resources
• Other duties deemed necessary by business conditions.
• Three to five years related leadership and production experience
• Associate or bachelor's degree in business or technical arena preferred
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize problem solving tools such as Kaizen, Lean, Value Streams, 5S, Six Sigma, Fishbone, PDAC, etc.
• Moderate to strong computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Quality systems and ISO knowledge
• Leadership skills
• Previous experience in participating in continuous improvement activities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Strong process and analytical skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .