Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
HOST-HILLIARD (Food Services)
Summary: It is the responsibility of Guest Services to make raving fans of the five major groups of people we do business with by creating a positive first impression and make our guests feel welcome on the phone and in person. Guest Services controls the seating of the guests in the dining room to assure quality of service, guest satisfaction and maximize sales opportunities.
Essential Responsibilities: include the following and other responsibilities that may be assigned:
1. Exemplifies genuine hospitality standards. Handles requests and complaints with guest satisfaction as the priority. Strives to gain guest name recognition.
2. Adheres to standards of professional appearance, personal cleanliness, and proper attire. Displays confidence and a friendly disposition at all times.
3. Uses proper phone etiquette and follows procedure to make, cancel, or change reservations and call-ahead seating. Recognizes returning guests and special occasions.
4. Follows correct procedures for cash handling, carry-out orders and gift card sales. Accurately uses point of sale systems.
5. Greets guests, shows guests to their table and distributes menus.
6. Memorizes the floor plan of the restaurant.
7. Communicates frequently with manager on duty regarding guest flow in the front area.
8. Assists management and other associates if needed or assigned. Promotes teamwork and dependability.
9. Exhibits punctuality and dependability.
10. Knows emergency procedures to the restaurant.