Delivery Driver/Route Sales Representative 5/8 Commission ~UNION BENEFITS~NO NIGHTS OR WEEKENDS (Administrative)
Exempt for Base plus Commission routes, Non-Exempt for hourly routes.
We are Alsco Uniforms. We've been working hard for our customers since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry. Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over 350,000 customers in 13 countries. It's our job every day to make every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for them.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a result, we have a long history of strong financial performance, continuous improvement, and customer service. We're seeking driven professionals with ambition to grow within our company. We'd love to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
The Route Sales Representative meets our customers needs through up-selling/cross-selling and provides superior customer service through proactively managing all route responsibilities. Performs other duties as required. Reports to the District Manager.
Our full-time employees enjoy:
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
- Solicit new customers, up-sell/cross-sell/sample all lines of service or product and ensure a profitable product mix.
- Actively participate in promotions and contests, training and audits.
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding installation of new customers, managing customer needs and all aspects of service. Performance goals must be met on a regular basis.
- Ensure customer loyalty, retention and provide outstanding customer service. Build relationships, communicate openly, educate customers, manage customer needs and proactively resolve concerns in cooperation with supervision.
- Safely operate a delivery vehicle on each trip, following all applicable laws and company policy. Maintain vehicle cleanliness and perform regular vehicle inspections.
- Handle and process customer payments. Keep route paperwork current.
- Ensure timely and correct deliveries of complete textile loads, pick up soiled textiles
and maintain proper inventories in accounts. Service items such as facility maintenance products.
- Monitor and report competitive activity. Keep service agreements current and renewed.
- Return from route and off load soiled textiles in the receiving area of facility.
- Accurately prepare route paperwork and follow check-in procedures.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- May work with and support other service personnel as required by supervision.
- Have and maintain a valid drivers license, CDL when applicable.
- Have and maintain a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or safety violations.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in the operation of vehicles and have a verifiable minimum one year experience of safe and successful driving.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in customer service and route sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend
and follow direction, as well as good time management skills and team player.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product and count, add and subtract accurately.
- High School graduation or similar experience.
- Daily, by delivery vehicle within a route.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Operating vehicles on public roads, in and out of customer locations, loading areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
- Indoor and outdoor areas of a typical industrial facility.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands - sitting, grasping, driving, stooping, climbing stairs, moving carts up to 500 lbs, lifting up to 75 lbs, standing, walking, writing, speaking, hearing.
For a general description of benefits that are being offered for this position, please visit https://alsco.com/benefits/.
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Service