HEARST COMMUNICATIONS, INC.
Commerce Content Lead, Elle.com (Creative Design)
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S. — including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics — inspires, entertains and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
The Commerce Content Lead is responsible for driving market and e-commerce coverage on ELLE.com using both editorial perspective and analytics to optimize earnings. Daily coverage will range from daily quick-hits to idea-driven features, market roundups in fashion, beauty, culture, and lifestyle, celebrity style breakdowns, brand profiles, trend pieces, and more stories that will help shape the conversation around what it means to be a stylish woman today. The Commerce Content Lead is also responsible for pursuing new partnerships with brands and vendors to broaden ELLE.com's affiliate revenue streams. This person will manage the e-commerce team.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Develop and implement the strategy of coverage to drive ELLE.com's fashion, beauty, culture, and lifestyle coverage based on keyword optimization, affiliate relationships, and a deep understanding of what items and categories people want to learn about and ultimately buy
• Dive into the data to understand how people are shopping from ELLE.com; continually update and refine coverage to optimize for conversion while maintaining the highest standards for our consumers
• Write quick, smart, engaging stories with a strong voice and point of view
• Optimize and rethink print market stories for digital
• Edit multiple stories a day from staffers and freelancers
• Develop packages and new shoppable franchises
• Work with the art team to help bring stories to life across a range of different platforms
• Manage a team of 3-4 full-time staffers plus regular contributors
• Pursue and establish affiliate partnerships with outside brands
Who you are:
• Experience writing and producing content for digital media
• Deep market knowledge of women's luxury fashion, beauty, and lifestyle plus a keen eye for keeping on top of emerging trends
• Ability to interpret data from multiple sources and apply those insights to ELLE.com's ever-evolving e-commerce strategy
• Experience balancing many different factors—from SEO to e-commerce to traffic—to optimize online content
• Investment in the overall success of ELLE.com, and a desire to contribute across many different platforms
• 7+ years experience
The base salary for this role is between $85,000 and $104,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.