GREATER CHICAGO FOOD DEPOSITORY
Public Safety Officer (Security)
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is seeking a versatile and vigilant Public Safety Officer with administrative assistant skills to join our team and ensure the safety and security of our food distribution center. As a Public Safety Officer with administrative assistant duties, you will be responsible for patrolling the warehouse and office areas, monitoring the CCTV cameras, checking the access of visitors and staff, responding to alarms and emergencies, and reporting any suspicious or illegal activities. You will also be responsible for performing various administrative tasks such as answering phone calls and emails, scheduling appointments and meetings, filing documents, and updating records.
To be successful as a Public Safety Officer with administrative assistant duties, you should have excellent observation and communication skills. You should also have proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer applications, attention to detail and accuracy, organizational and time management skills, and customer service orientation. You should also be able to work independently or as part of a team, follow instructions and protocols, and handle stressful situations calmly and professionally.
- Identify potential security risks and respond accordingly.
- Patrol designated security areas in accordance with outlined security procedures.
- Patrol the warehouse and office areas regularly and check for any signs of intrusion, damage, or hazards, ensuring the environment is safe and secure.
- Monitor the CCTV cameras and report any unusual, suspicious, disruptive or unlawful activities to the supervisor or the authorities.
- Ensure all employees and visitors have proper credentials for accessing buildings such as ID cards, badges, or guest passes and ensure they comply with the security policies and procedures.
- Respond to alarms and emergencies promptly and assist in evacuating the premises if needed.
- Providing detailed reports of any incidents or issues to management and maintaining a log of daily activities.
- Collaborate with other Public Safety Officers, law enforcement officers, or emergency services when required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Answer phone calls and emails from clients, vendors, or staff and provide information or assistance as needed.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for the management or staff and send reminders or confirmations.
- File documents such as invoices, receipts, contracts, or reports in an orderly manner.
- Update records such as inventory lists, contact lists, or logs using spreadsheets or databases.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned by management as assigned.
- Using provided communication devices such as two-way radios in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist employees and visitors with any concerns they might have.
- Escalate emergency situations to law enforcement as needed.
10:30 am to 7:00 pm: Monday thru Friday (Weekly)
10:30 am to 7:00 pm: Tuesday thru Friday and Saturday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (Every Third Week)
- Previous experience as a Public Safety Officer or in a similar role preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic security techniques.
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures related to food safety and quality.
- Ability to operate security equipment and systems.
- Excellent observation and communication skills.
- High level of physical fitness and stamina.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to follow instructions and protocols.
- Ability to handle stressful situations calmly and professionally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Comfortable kneeling, carrying, bending, walking, and standing for extended periods of time.