Kids Voice Pennsylvania Inc.
Staff Attorney (Legal)
KidsVoice provides a voice of hope, a voice for rights and a voice of experience for abused, neglected and at-risk children who otherwise cannot speak for themselves. KidsVoice vigilantly guides each child through the court process and ensures that every agency involved meets the full range of the child's needs.
We currently have a Staff Attorney position available on our Special Assignments Team. The Staff Attorney on this team is responsible for representing our clients at shelter hearings and in termination of parental rights cases. In addition, the attorney is responsible for handling the appeals arising from these matters. The Staff Attorney will:
· Provide legal representation to KidsVoice clients
· Advocate for the child in the court and other forums
· Work collaboratively with regional dependency teams
· Counsel clients regarding the role of KidsVoice, court hearings and services
· Participate in on-going training and continuing education necessary for professional development
Required qualifications include:
· JD degree and license to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
· Prior legal experience, preferably 1-2 years of litigation and courtroom experience
· Excellent research and writing skills
· Knowledge of child development and/or child welfare issues preferred
KidsVoice is committed to diversity. E.O.E.