Danbury Mission Technologies, LLC
Staffing Intern - Human Resources (Human Resources)
Come join a company where what you do makes a difference. For over 50 years, Danbury Mission Technologies, located in Danbury, CT has forged groundbreaking technologies that have pushed the limits of physics, engineered the impossible, and provided actionable intelligence to keep our Armed Forces and nation safe. We are dedicated to helping you grow your career by using all your talents, insights and experiences in a welcoming team environment. Bring your passion, commitment and curiosity and come grow with us as together we work to make our world a safer place.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Talent Acquisition Intern to support a growing and energized Talent Acquisition team!
The Talent Acquisition Intern will be responsible for directly supporting ongoing staffing operations, processes, and projects for the business.
• Review and input requisitions into our applicant tracking system ensuring the requisition meets all legal and company requirements.
• Coordinate and schedule candidate interviews including in-person, video interviews, candidate greetings, on-site escorting, and coordination of travel logistics' as necessary for interviews
• Utilize web-based tools including social media job boards, applicant tracking system and other resources (LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.) to help source candidates for business hiring needs
• Draft offer letters for exempt and non-exempt hires, send authorization to start emails for temporary hires
• Help grow DMT pipeline of talent through identifying and exploring sourcing channels
• Participate in various staffing projects as assigned
• Improve staffing tools, processes and procedures and supporting day to day operations
• Assist with the Company's student program, working directly with colleges to establish/maintain relationships, post jobs, coordinate participation in career fairs and interview prospective candidates.
• Miscellaneous tasks as required to include assisting with the coordination of virtual career fairs, set-up/tear down of off-site career fairs and hiring events.
• Current university student, majoring in Human Resources or related field, entering their Sophomore or Junior year
• Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours/week during school year, 40 hours/week during summer months
• Must be able to work on site in Danbury, CT. This is not a remote position
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the required skills areas and interest in the tasks described through previous work and/or school experiences.
• Ability to work autonomously, prioritize and meet deadlines within specific time constraints
• Demonstrated experiences as a strong team player in a changing work environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Solid analytical skills and can interpret data to define next step actions
• Strong sense of judgement and the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with an HRIS and/or ATS system is a plus.
In compliance with company policy, all newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to beginning employment and must provide proof of full vaccination. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) prior to beginning employment.
This position requires the incumbent to access export-controlled information. If you are not a US Person, any offer is contingent upon the Company's ability to obtain a special license granting you access. This could take several months. You will not be able to begin employment until such license is obtained.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Danbury Mission Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description