Gulfside Supply, Inc. dba Gulfeagle Supply
Regional Sales Manager (Marketing)
Regional Sales Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The function of the Regional Sales Manager is to drive and grow sales. At a minimum, this means achieving the Warehouse and Direct established sales budgets and should be done so at acceptable margins (as established by the EVP, President, and CEO).
1. Direct Field Sales – travel to the various branches within the assigned region (approx..80% time allocation) to call on customers, build one-on-one relationships, negotiate deals or long-term contracts, close sales.
2. Sales Management – oversee, direct, assist, review sales strategies, track success including new account progress, and hold accountable the outside salesmen (Territory Managers) of the assigned area, and also is to identify non-performers and develop written plan of action with a timeline (copy to be also given to Executive Vice President). This would typically be during non-travel/field time (as travel time should be predominantly spent directly interacting with the customers). *Note –this position should not be involved in classroom training unless directed explicitly to the EVP, President or CEO.
3. Hiring – Responsible for overseeing, recruiting, and directly assisting in the interviews of new TM's (i.e.,outside salespeople).
1. Sales Budget process – is actively involved in establishing the annual sales budgeting process for each salesperson in the assigned area.
2. New products/sales opportunities – identify new products or options that may enhance sales in a profitable way (and advise the President).
3. Negotiates pricing – when appropriate, negotiate pricing on specific jobs or customers (in conjunction with the Purchasing Department) with Preferred Vendors to close sales or grow business.
4. Communication with Operations – selling and growing sales may overlap operational items, which may require communications with Branch Managers, Regional Managers, or the Vice President of Operations. This should be in a minimal sense as operations are not part of this job function. Authority Level: Responsible for making recommendations as to disciplinary action needed, up to and including termination, as well as identifying top sales performers.
A well-organized person with strong administrative and good interpersonal skills. A person who is very dependable and who can work independently.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
2. Minimum of five (5) years' experience in a management role in the roofing supply business.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated ability to direct, supervise, and communicate effectively with subordinates
2. Demonstrated product and industry knowledge
3. Demonstrated leadership ability
Competitive Benefits Package:
•401(K) Retirement Plan including Employer Match
•Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
•Health Insurance Medical, Dental &Vision
•Life, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability
•Health & Wellness Programs
•Flexible Spending Accounts
•Health Savings Accounts
•Employee Discount Programs
This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
Gulfeagle Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.