Benefit Resource, LLC
Manager, Client Implementation (Personal Services)
The Manager, Client Implementation is responsible for ensuring new clients to BRI experience a well-coordinated, structured, and delightful onboarding experience. This individual is responsible for the first impression of a client's future service delivery expectations. In addition, the experience a client has during onboarding also has an outsized impact on whether BRI receives future referrals from the underlying broker partner. This individual is responsible for developing strategic plans based on company goals to promote the highest levels of client satisfaction. The Onboarding Team Manager creates value for clients by ensuring service delivery excellence from their team, understanding and anticipating client needs, and partnering with clients and regional broker partners.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure staff properly handle the project management and implementation of benefit programs and that their work is performed accurately, efficiently, transparently and per company policies and legal regulations. Inspect the execution of work and workflows to ensure proper set up, accurate account information and maintenance to ensure client satisfaction.
• Act as a product manager for onboarding related software solutions and tools
• Assist in developing new workflows, processes, and procedures. Ensure the Client Service team is up to date on the status of clients in implementation and has the instructions and tools to administrate those products successfully.
• Oversee the preparation and updating of customized Plan Highlights/Plan Specifications and other customized materials, as needed. Ensure that all materials related to implementation of new plans and changes in existing plans are provided to sales, AE's, clients and other staff members in a timely manner to ensure successful implementation.
• Respond accurately and courteously to inquiries from clients, sales, AE's, brokers and other staff members regarding new plan implementation and changes in existing plans. Research and resolve issues promptly and thoroughly.
• Handle escalations as issues arise to ensure all departments can successfully implement changes in plans. Ensure that escalated issues are resolved by involving all applicable team members and successfully relayed the resolution to clients and brokers.
• Keeping client experience at the forefront for their focus, they ensure a response to client, home office staff, sales & AE teams, and broker inquiries are handled according to established SLAs and consistently deliver the highest level of service to clients internal and external. Attend conference calls to assist with Plan design questions and enhanced onboarding process.
• Facilitate communicating information to keep teams informed of recent topics, products and updated processes and procedures: research and resolve questions and concerns for coworkers and staff. Attend pertinent meetings as required.
• Maintain a functional knowledge of their subordinate's job functions and roles. Keep apprised of the current state and all federal laws and regulations affecting benefits including, but not limited to, Section 132, Section 125, Section 105 and Section 223 Plans, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, and COBRA. AS NEEDED, maintain ECFC certification and knowledge by attending monthly webinars and annual EBIA and/or ECFC conferences.
• Prepare, calculate and distribute various reports, including but not limited to department statistics, as required. Ensure all instructions/manuals and job descriptions are up to date. Update, review and approve payroll for the team as necessary.
• Provide backup and assistance to Supervisors and perform miscellaneous job-related duties and projects as requested. Ensure Supervisors are properly managing staffing to ensure workload/clients are covered.
• Achieve onboarding feedback goals set forth annually by the organization
• Achieve Net Promoter Score (NPS) goals set forth annually by the organization
• Achieve Employee Engagement Survey scores set forth annually by the organization
• Contribute to the company's overall success by performing all assigned duties professionally, timely, and accurately following established company procedures.
• Ensure all team members are appropriately trained and equipped to perform the functions of their role.
• Inspect and drive accountability in timely and accurate case resolution in Salesforce and general Salesforce hygiene.
• Ensure compliance with regulations and company policies regarding security of Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
This position directly supervises the Onboarding team and its various roles. Provide all aspects of supervision including, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsibilities are carried out per the company's policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of related benefits or employee benefit administration experience including Pre-Tax plan administration required (ACFC certification through ECFC strongly preferred), and a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficiency in the core applications of Microsoft's Office 365 Suite
• Proficiency with Salesforce
• Knowledge of compliance issues and IRS regulations about benefits-Section 125, 105, 132, and 223 Plans, COBRA, HIPAA, 5500's, EEO, and FMLA.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of records and information.
• Computer proficiency, including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
• Ability to instruct and train staff in proper work methods, conduct performance appraisals, hire, promote, and terminate employees.
• Strong conceptual and strategic thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Strong organizational skills, including managing multiple projects and details simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Experience developing and updating benefit materials and presentations for meetings, training, and orientation sessions.
• Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) professionally when dealing with employees and clients with a positive customer service presence.
• Display the following attributes – Accountability, Initiative, and Results Orientation
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Client Services