Empower Federal Credit Union
Marketing Coordinator (Marketing)
Are you a marketing enthusiast with a passion for delivering impactful campaigns and building relationships? Empower FCU is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our team in Syracuse, New York. This is a hybrid-role which requires 5 on-site days per month.
This role will help ensure internal and external marketing projects are completed on time and on budget, while meeting the credit union's high-quality standards. This will be a highly visible role within the organization, with great opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects, while gaining valuable experience in both marketing and financial services.
The primary functions of the Marketing Coordinator are to plan and execute all internal and external Empower events, donations and sponsorships, maintenance of the Empower brochures and other collateral material, material fulfillment, maintenance of various programs and platforms.
The position requires close collaboration with internal marketing team members, designers, and other vendors, as well as with Empower FCU staff. You'll also foster a positive internal culture, represent the credit union in the community, verify data for marketing communications, and build strong relationships with vital Select Employee Groups (SEG's).
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Champion Empower FCU's workplace culture and support internal clients as Marketing Coordinator.
• Project management and quality assurance of a wide array of marketing materials, including digital advertising, social media content, email campaigns, collateral, web content, brochures, and more.
• Marketing Responsibilities including, but not limited to, brochure/ collateral material updates, placing order for materials/ items needed, maintaining adequate supplies, and organizing supply room, and maintaining accurate records of all changes, approval documents and order history of collateral materials. In addition, maintaining of the business card ordering site and the Connect search database, distribution of apparel orders, maintaining donations/golf files, issuing response letters and acceptance paperwork.
• Implement upgrades, edits, changes to the credit union's automated services including web page, InLighten Marketing System, ATM messaging. Emphasis on delivery channel consistency.
• Assist Empower with website redesign and Salesforce product. Assist Social Media communications to membership. Assist with Connect posts, updates, and rate adjustments. Assist with website updates, changes, and rate adjustments.
• Build collaborative relationships with internal departments and external partners, coordinating with relevant members of the marketing team as well as project management office. Maintains overall marketing calendar with input from marketing leadership.
• Work closely with in-house marketing team to coordinate advertising plans; including conducting analysis of past campaigns, ad creation, segmenting and targeting of digital campaigns.
• Materials fulfillment.
• With an eye for detail, assists in planning and executing promotions and events that drive brand awareness and deliver on our mission to enrich and nourish our communities.
• Empower Community Sponsorship Support (tickets, publications, Empower sponsored community events) including Scholarship Coordinator (NYS/CUANY Syracuse Chapter/Empower), CNY Chapter Liaison and other duties as assigned.
• Attends or works at community events as required: occasional nights or weekends.
• Events: (plan, organize, execute, and manage internal and external Empower events and HQ Community Room events).
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience including:
• 3+ years of experience in marketing or advertising, preferably in the financial services industry
Education: (1) A two-year college degree, or (2) completion of a specialized certification or licensing, or (3) completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, or (4) job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program. Degrees in Marketing, Writing, Journalism, English, preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
• Must have good communication, organizational and time management skills. Knowledge of job-related computer programs (Indesign, Photoshop, Excel, Word, etc.)
• Passionate about personal growth and learning
• Ability to build strong relationships both inside and outside the credit union
• High level of problem-solving capabilities, curiosity, self-motivation, and adaptability
• Creativity and innovation for finding new and more efficient ways of doing things
• Excellent time management skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; desirable skills include graphic design, social media management, event planning and coordination, retail marketing, video creation and editing, as well as experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
• Strong relationship-building and teamwork skills with the ability to develop and maintain consultative relationships with team members and business partners.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work cross-departmentally to create media for various events and uses.
• Strong attention to detail, organization, prioritization and time management skills; manages multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Demonstrated creativity and ability to think out of the box and drive change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods at a time, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.