Transportation Specialist (Government)
The Transportation Specialist will schedule and dispatch drivers, equipment, or service vehicles for conveyance of materials, freight, or employees, or for normal installation, service, or emergency repairs rendered within the company. Coordinates and directs the movements of vehicles, equipment and workers utilizing optimization software to maximize driver efficiency. Duties may include using telephone and computer to communicating needs to personnel in the field.
• Coordinate truck deliveries of Frac Sand, Equipment, Chemicals and other deliveries using TMS software
• Maintain driver contact information for company and broker drivers
• Key member of team managing 100,000+ loads per year
• Coordinate equipment availability and ensure delivery demand is met
• Effective coordination of drivers, HOS and endorsements
• Balance drivers between various needs, sites and demands ensuring maximum utilization.
• Provide assistance in preparing documents and reports.
• Promote safety awareness, follow policies & procedures on quality, health, safety & environment. Will also maintain required Quality & HSE certifications up to date. You have a high attention to detail, are extremely organized and have the ability to multi-task all the while working safely: Proper PPE
• Recommend process improvements as necessary and work with co-workers to implement approved changes.
• Utilize software programs to prepare reports, e-mails, correspondence, etc.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of the principals of excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and/or approaches to problems.
• Ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences, and the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing and the ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
• Ability to enter alpha-numeric data efficiently with a minimum of errors.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English including the meaning and spelling of words..
• Ability to navigate effectively in a Windows® environment to enter data and/or process information.
• Ability to navigate effectively in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to learn and understand job requirements after initial training.
• Ability to develop specific goals and plans in order to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Ability to efficiently and effectively communicate with business partners, supervisors/managers, peers, or subordinates in verbal or written form.
Minimum Required Education
Education Level Req Pref
H.S. Diploma X
Associate's Degree X
Minimum Required Work Experience
Experience 1-2 years