Credit Manager (Administrative)
Arcosa Aggregates is searching for a Credit Manager for our Arlington, TX location. As a Credit Manager, you will protect the Company's Accounts Receivable Assets with sound credit & collection procedures, consistent Company Credit Policy. Arcosa Aggregates is a leading producer and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of natural aggregates, including, crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.
What You'll Do:
· Comply with all industry safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations.
· Actively participate in promoting a safe working environment consistent with Company objectives.
· Conduct the Credit Department's primary objective to protect the Company's Accounts Receivable Assets with sound credit & collection procedures, consistent Company Credit Policy
· Monitor industry standards and recommend changes, improvements, & enhancements of credit policy / terms & conditions to Senior Management.
· Monitor applicable state and local lien and collection laws and regulations.
· Supervise the Credit Department, clearly communicating goals, metrics, and expectations to the credit and collections staff
· Provide for ongoing development & training of the credit staff, utilizing industry association training opportunities
· Set department performance metrics, monitor progress, & assist in achievement of objectives
· Review, investigate, approve, or decline requests for open account credit (setting appropriate credit limits) consistent with Corporate Credit Approval Policy & monitor periodic credit reviews.
· Communicate with the Sales Department Management & Representatives promoting mutual goal of producing quality business in line with Company objectives
· Manage accounts placed with outside legal counsel & collection agencies and maintain working relationships
· Manage relations and contracts for service with credit reporting agencies and industry associations
· Ensure customer credit files are maintained in a consistent manner, conforming Corporate Document Retention Policy.
· Monitor disputes & deductions being taken by customers
· Other duties as assigned
What You'll Need:
· Minimum of 10 years of credit & collections management experience with a consistently increasing level of responsibility. Good leadership skills along with the ability to work well with people is essential.
· Strong multi-state Bond & Mechanic's Lien knowledge / experience required.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is necessary. Familiarity with Oracle / NetSuite and associated systems preferred.