Samuel, Son & Co. (USA) Inc.
Sr. Technician, Quality (Biotech)
• Works with others in a team-based setting to drive the root cause of nonconformance as well as identify corrective actions needed.
• Use standard precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, dial indicators, and various other measuring devices.
• Perform 3D metrology utilizing coordinate measuring machines as well as 3D measurement and imaging machines
• Establish 3D measurement machine (Faro) scanning sequences
• Administer site calibration system.
• Perform visual and cosmetic inspection of product to determine suitability for release.
• Perform 1st article inspection and process set-up validation.
• Perform process and product audits.
• Perform incoming raw material inspections.
• Work with appropriate stakeholders to develop visual work instructions.
• Perform other duties as required or directed by supervision and may be required to work rotating shifts as business needs dictate.
• High school diploma required and completion of a certificate in a related field. An Associate degree considered an asset.
• Three (3) years hands on experience in an industrial manufacturing facility as a quality technician to include experience in tooling, fabrication, machining, and inspection of gages/fixtures.
• Experience using standard precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, bore gages, dial indicators, and other handheld manual measuring devices.
• Knowledge of G, D, & T including coordinate measuring machines as well as 3D measurement and imaging machines
• Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, manufacturing prints, and specification requirements
• Experience in monitoring and audit processes is a plus.
• Some trade school or training in measurement techniques in desirable.
• Can perform tasks with minimal supervision.
• Operate independently and make sound business decisions
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Adaptability to fast pace multi-changing work environment
• Strong attention to detail Samuel Tube Group Senior Quality Technician Job Description & Qualifications
• Ability to effectively communicate with others and work in a team-based environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with MS Office products and software.
• Ability to work safely and in compliance with Company safety rules and policies.