Manufacturing Engineer (Marketing)
• Serves as primary liaison with cross-function Product Development Teams providing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) input for new products, and acting as the primary interface and transition of new product to a full production environment.
• Design and implement efficient processes using lean manufacturing principles, to enable single piece flow in a pull system philosophy for existing products or new product launches as appropriate.
• Conduct assessments of existing or proposed manufacturing processes to provide focused improvement opportunities to increase production efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce inventory, reduce lead times, increase quality and improve safety and ergonomics.
• Utilize value stream mapping to identify and eliminate waste as well as evaluate potential changes in workflow to maximize production efficiencies.
• Lead cross-functional teams to implement 5S improvements, standard work, set-up reduction, and problem solving/rapid change Kaizen activities.
• Justify and purchase capital equipment/tooling to improve or implement manufacturing processes.
• Establish and document production standards and controls, conduct initial time studies and establish labor standards for all products as necessary.
• Generate work instructions, process control procedures and operating procedures utilizing visual factory methods in the creation of the work environment
• Establish appropriate methods, tools, equipment, etc. required to produce products in keeping with established QS9000/TS16949 operating standards.
• Complete PFMEA analysis in a cross functional environment.
• Work with the product development teams and management to provide input for make vs. buy decisions.
• Provide input to Bills of Material and routing as necessary to maintain inventory control, financial controls and customer quality standards in the process.
• Establish initial calibration schedules for implemented measuring and test equipment.
• Establish/maintain facility layout that is consistent with kanban, efficient material flow and pull system techniques.
• Establish procedures for proper handling, use and disposal of any hazardous materials that are implemented/added to the plant.
• Provide and/or implement continuous improvement ideas and direction for manufacturing and production.
• Be a contributing member of a continuous improvement and employee-involved culture.
• Knowledge of or desire to be involved with Six Sigma methodologies and ability to be trained at the green belt level minimum.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
An undergraduate degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering is required, advanced degree is a plus. A successful five-year history in heavy manufacturing production environment to include product launch experience. • Ability to develop or embrace vision and strategies with a passion to win with people oriented processes as an inspirational leader.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Team orientation with the ability to influence others.
• Hands-on preference to work in manufacturing floor area when necessary to resolve issues with all levels of personnel.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional environment, gaining consensus and cooperation.
• Ability to make decisions under pressure and on tight time lines.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize workload and meet deadlines with a problem solving mentality.
• Continuous improvement driven with a willingness to adopt new ideas/skills.
• Previous experience with lean manufacturing methods and Toyota Production System based manufacturing.
• Expert user of appropriate office and manufacturing related technologies, CAD literacy a must.