Wilton Industries, Inc.
Regulatory Food Specialist (R&D)
Wilton is a heritage US brand with a 90-year history in baking and decorating. After fifteen years of private equity ownership, the company was acquired by Dr. Oetker (family owned German conglomerate) as an expansion into the US market. Eighteen months after the acquisition, Dr. Oetker and the new leadership are looking to define the future of Wilton brands to become the most important, influential and successful cake and dessert brand in the USA. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com.
The Food Regulatory Specialist reports to the Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs and is responsible for maintaining consistent awareness of United States laws and regulations as they pertain to Wilton Brands food products. In this role, he/she will be required to support product development, supply chain, and customer service as well as handle the day-to day departmental responsibilities.
• Review preliminary and final formulas for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Generate and review nutrition panels, ingredient statements, formatting and other required information for food packaging to integrate into artwork and marketing copy,
• Review food labeling and packaging to ensure compliance with FDA (US) and CFIA (Canada)requirements.
• Assist in the implementation of programs, policies and practices to ensure that all products comply with applicable federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
• Track regulations that could have a potential effect on Wilton's food products and business.
• Communicate with vendor representatives and internal business partners concerning specifications, Kosher documentation, label claims and regulatory information.
• Maintain Food Regulatory database(s) with documentation from suppliers and Rabbinical Councils.
• Assist with consumer inquiry calls directed from the Customer Service teams.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a food science, nutrition, chemical engineering or related area.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working with United States regulatory requirements for branded food products marketed to consumers.
• Proficient in Genesis R&D, MS Office, Work, and Excel; along with the ability to learn other systems as needed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to build cross functional consensus and work collaboratively to meet shared objectives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Skill in prioritizing tasks and managing complexity.
• Ability to work and resolve problems independently.
Desired Additional Skills
• Strong knowledge flavors and/or colors
• Navigating International food regulations and export documents
• Experience with process and tool optimization
• Project management
• Positive attitude and sense of humor.